Copyright (c) 2014 by Oli Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Oli -- Blogmeister

Room 2

We are a class of 11 and 12 year olds from Auckland, New Zealand

by Oli

teacher: Room 2

Article posted August 6, 2007 at 08:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 91

At my school (St Thomas's school) we have been doing speeches. We started them in the fist week of term (on tuesday) and presented them on Monday and Friday of week 3 and 4. I presented mine on Friday. My speech was about speeches. I don't know why I chose to do my speech on speeches but my friend said she liked the start and I didn't know what to do it on so I just did that. I don't think I did to bad when I presented it infront of the class but I spoke faster then I did when I did it infront of my friends and parents. If I could do it again I wouldn't talk so fast and I would try not to be as nervous. I think we have speeches at St Thomas's to give us confidence in talking infront of an audience.

Article posted July 14, 2007 at 07:33 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 43

In the future I am going to be in a band with my best friend Shony. I'm going to be the guitarist and Shonys going to be the singer and the drummer.We are going to be really famous. We might find some more people for in our band and then Shony won't have to do two things. I'm also going to have my dream house and the convertable car that I wrote about in my next article. Shony and I will be so rich that we could go shopping whenever we wanted and would have lots of clothes and shoes. We would also have lots of partys that everyone will want to come to. Even though we are so famous we won't be snobby like Paris Hilton and we won't be mean.

Article posted June 19, 2007 at 10:27 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 54

Name: Olivia

Nickname: Oli

Fav girls names: Bella, Cleo, Amber, Sam (short for Samantha), Ele (short for Elisha) and Shony (short for Chantelle)

Fav boys names: Scotty, Josh and Thomas

Fav colour: Hot Pink

Fav sport: Rock Climbing

Fav food: chocolate and lollies

Fav singer: Avril Lavigne

Fav song: The Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne

Fav Actor: Johnny Depp and Keira Nightly

Fav movie: Step up and Titanic

Article posted June 19, 2007 at 09:35 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

The book I'm doing my Book Review about is called Secrets by Jacqueline Wilson. It was published in 2002 and has 220 pages. If I had to rate it out of 10 I would probably give it a 7 or 8. The genre of this book is fiction. The appropriate age group would be 10 to 13. This book is about two girls with very different backrounds. Their names are Treasure and India. One day they meet and then become best friends. Treasure had been staying at her nans because her mums boyfriend had cut her with his belt purposly, but one day her mum and her mums boyfriend come to get her even though she didn't want to go. What will she do? Will she get to stay with her nan. Read the book to find out!

Article posted June 6, 2007 at 02:37 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

Driver Critical After Police Chase

Three young people are speeding along the road in West Auckland on the night of the 26th may 2007. The police chased the car to try and stop the speeding but within a couple of seconds the car had gone over the centre line and just missed an oncoming four wheel drive, then smashed into a footpath and flipped over twice. The driver, who is a father to a three month old baby, is in serious condition in hospital. Out of the two passengers one has suffered moderate injuries and the other walked away unharmed. Police said the vehicle was traveling twice the normal speed limit.

Article posted May 22, 2007 at 10:45 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 45

Hi my name is Oli(short for Olivia) and I am 11 years old.My birthday is january 31st.I go to St thomas's school.My hobbies are shopping, hanging out with friends, dancing, rock climbing, and playing netball.I do three sports.They are: rock climbing, netball and aerobics. You probably think that aerobics is for old people but really its for young people as well. I compete in aerobics for Eastern Suburbs. I had a competition a few weeks ago (for aerobics) and came first:)! But our group only came second:(.It was still good to come second but it would have been better to come first.Rock climbing is really fun as well.I practice at Extreme Edge.My club is called Rock Hoppers.Not a very cool name.I do Netball for Eastern Bays.Its really fun!Well thats enough about me. Hope to read from you soon.