Copyright (c) 2014 by Connor S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Connor S -- Blogmeister

-

We are senior or former students of Puahue School. Some of us want to keep blogging and some of us have moved on to other places in the world, but our blogs remain a record of our learning at primary school.

by Connor S teacher: C Knight

Article posted December 12, 2007 at 06:06 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 167

On planet Mars, Underdog was fighting alien crime. A big giant man stepped out and said "I come in peace". Cyberboy and Underdog were now the best crime fighters ever.On Earth Mars and Venus, they stopped at places to have a quick snack before they went to a crime scene.Once they stopped at a place with food and drink. Two of the drinks had super powers. They were INVINCABLE!!!They were friends to the very end.

“Wow! What’s that?”

“That’s a tapir. A tapir is an animal that looks like an anteater. It belongs to the elephant family.”

On Thursday Puahue School went to the Hamilton Zoo. When we got there we had morning tea. There were peacocks running loose. After morning tea we started to go and see some animals.

I quickly went and saw the owls and then went and saw the white rhinos. Then we walked on a windy track. We could turn right or left and we turned left. Then we went on and we went into a bird aviary. It was huge. It could hold more than 600 people. Then we went out. We went around more of the track. We saw some kea, red panda, ring tailed lemur, small cats, monkeys, ruffled lemur and parrots.

We had a class meeting in a special classroom. There was an axolotl which is pronounced axa-lot-le. There was a frog with one eye and there was a model of an enclosure. There was an ornament carved from ivory, python skins, and two tortoise shells. When we went out we had lunch and did a big walk.

We started to walk and we came to the white rhinos and they talked about the rhinos.

Then we went to the chimps. I quickly went into their sleeping room. It was huge. It had trampolines on these poles. Then they came out. The people hid some pine cones. They had some stuff like raisins.

We kept going. We looked at the tiger. After we walked back we had to go back to school. We saw a tamarin. It had a glass wall. Then we went home. I liked the tamarin because it looked cuddly.

By Connor S

The best part was looking at the chimps.

I learned that there is such thing as a mexican walking fish.

Article posted October 17, 2007 at 06:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 53

"Why are you here"?said Jack."No one asks me,WHY I'm anywhere.

SHING

"Wow".

He had a blood shot coloured sword with silver diamonds.Jack had a silver sword with a blue dragon crystal.It was lighting up and started shining and it turned silver and Jack cut the rope that Sefero was tied up in.

"Now what" said Jack.

"Haven't you learned what to do" said the voice.

"You sound familiar" said Jack.

Then the hooded figure stepped out from the darkness. Smaaaash Jack and the hooded figure had their swords together. Then Jack did a move these little invisible dragons started blowing the hooded man's hood.Then the hooded mans hood blew off and then.... ....

"Who are...?" said Jack.

But the hooded figure had turned out to be Jack's father but he had red eyes.Jack almost fainted to see that,then he did his trick and turned them to normal eyes. Then his whole body looked normal. Then Jack and his father built a good shack and they had a happy life.....So far.

Article posted July 31, 2007 at 04:56 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 67

Article posted June 29, 2007 at 02:57 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 67

The best part was the rodent dog.

I learnt that there are such things as a insect motel.

Article posted June 29, 2007 at 02:48 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 67

Electricity is a main source of energy. You find it almost anywhere.

Lightning is the strongest energy source and it is hotter than the sun. Batteries store some chemicals that react to make electricity. But you have to press a button to make the electricity come out into the wire.

Another source of electricity is solar panels. They are a cheap source of electricity and it won’t run out and won’t pollute the air.

But power stations pollute the air and cost heaps of money and we will run out of coal and oil. But water or wind can power power stations. Wind is a very useful source of energy (but it isn’t useful on days when there’s no wind). And same with water when it gets dried up.

Article posted June 1, 2007 at 03:14 AM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 66

There was a cat called Tommy. He didn’t have a home. He slept on the grass in the city. He struggled to find food every day. He saw some other cats getting their own food. He thought no one cared for him anymore. He felt hungry. No-one did care for him. He thought he was going to die of hunger. He was growing skinnier. Before he was so fluffy you could use him for your pillow.

The next day he was walking along. He saw a sign. Lucky he could read the sign. It said ‘Cat Wanted’. He stared at it for an hour or so trying to figure out which house it was that the sign was pointing to. He was still very hungry. Then on the sign he saw an arrow. It was pointing right. He saw the home. The two children came out. One was a boy and the other was a girl. He was surprised that there was a home for him. They played fetch and Frisbee every day. He was so happy. He was hungry. He ate two whole cat food cans. But the best thing is he found a home.

By Connor

Article posted March 19, 2007 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 69

VAROOM!!!=http://!!!!...........

KA-BOOM=http://=http://=http://=http://=http://!!!

Into the dragons land he comes. Vooosh roooaar.

"Aaaaaaaaa. Another unbeautiful sight well what am I waiting for. Lets get moving".

On the way he saw an inn called the Dragons Head. He went in and bought some Fire-proof armour.

"That will be $890 thanks", said Mike the shopkeeper. Cha-ching! He opened up the cash register.

"Here ya go," said Jack.

"Anyway, watcha doing in these parts? It's really dangerous out here."

"I better get going," said Jack.

'WOOOOAH. The dragon central.I better go in there,' he whispered to himself.

He walks and he sees a shop about how to ride dragons. Then he kept on going and there was an elevator that went up to the top of the shop. Soon there was a sign that said Dragons - Next 24 steps. So he counted his steps. He saw a dragon sty so he went up to the shop keeper and asked how much it was. The shopkeeper said it was $999. It was just a mini one. so he took that then he went down the elevator and bought a book about how to ride dragons. He read it a couple of times. Then he went outside and hopped on his dragon. He tried to start making it fly but it wouldn't fly.

So he was just sitting there. He gave it some food and it took off without him knowing. He quickly grabbed its tail and started climbing up. He got up and he looked at the view. He said " i'm flying.He was wondering what to call it."Sefero" he said."comeon Sefero".He flew over the town up and down over the hills until the dark cloud came. He then flew back to his shack." I sure do miss home.hahahahahaaa."what"said Jack."C co come on Sefero". They went back to the dragons head. "hi"said Jack."what ya doing back here"said Mike."I need a sword and a shield"said Jack."Have you got money"said Mike.I am not sure said Jack"."I can give you a discount"said Mike."What?" said jack."You can get the sword 100$.And the shield 20$"said Mike."Sure.here you go"said Jack. "Thanks,see you soon"said Mike.Jack goes back to the shack."wow"said Jack."What a bargain" said Jack suprisingly."rrrraaaaaaaaagggghhhh"said sefero.whoosh."Who's there,and who tied sefero" said Jack."I did" said a voice behind the hay bales.Shing!"Lucky I got this for a bargain".