Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. Markwart Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. Markwart -- Blogmeister

-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by Mrs. Markwart

ATHABASCA SCHOOL
LEADER POST
BEST PRACTICES
Digital Story Telling- Canoeing
Podcasting
Regina Public Schools
Funbrain
Cool Math 4 Kids
TELEMIRACLE
Australia - Ms. Ruskin's class
South Paris Classroom
New Zealand - Mrs. Kelso
Australia- Mrs. Lowe's Class
Jo Cool Cyber Tour
Connaught School
Mr. Daunis - Bridgeport -CT
Mr. Gonzalez's Class
LearningPlus
Cassidy
Dragon Bloggers
The 743 Blog Spot Mrs. Lubich's Class
Mrs Lowe's Area 11 Bloggers
Ms. Gidinski's class - B.C.
Ms. Casey's Class
Ms Smith's Class
Mrs. Seymour's 5/6 Class
One Million Acts of Green
Ms. Wood's Class
Ms Josephson's Class

Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a United States holiday marking the birthdate of the Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr., observed on the third Monday of January each year, around the time of King's birthday, January 15. It is one of three United States federal holidays to commemorate an individual person

Take time to view Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech and answer two of the three questions below.

1. After viewing Martin Luther King Jr.'s speech tell me in your own words the main message of his "I have a dream" speech.

2. How do you think his speech has affected history and change the world as it is today.

3. Do you think Martin Luther King Jr. laid the ground work for the President-Elect (future president) of the United States of America? Explain your reasoning.

Everyone in our class has been working hard at setting new year's resolutions. We have talked about the importance of setting goals for ourselves in order to make positive changes in our lives.

In planning our resolutions we have asked ourselves the following questions:

What positive change do I need in my life?

When will the change process begin?

Why do I need to change this aspect of my life?

How do I plan to achieve my goal?

We decided that we need to make SMART goals.

S- Be very specific

M - The goal must be measurable

A - The goal needs to be achievable

R - The goal must be realistic

T - The goal must be time bound

I wish all my students the best in their endeavors to make positive changes in their lives.

Happy New Year,

Mrs. Markwart

Article posted December 19, 2008 at 08:52 PM GMT0 • comment (6) • Reads 107

The Grade 6/7 class took a field trip to the University of Regina to take in the experience of dissection. I am very proud of my students as they conquered fears, and put forth a full effort in this hands-on experience. Please visit our Voice Thread to capture the students' thoughts and experiences. Enjoy!

Our answer to "Mystery Object #3". We had a very busy week so we did not get to comment on all of your articles. We attached some verbal clues and comments to the answer that we just posted.

Grade 6/7 students

Hello Students,

I found this wonderful video on blogging. Be sure to share it with your parents and friends. It is very informational. Enjoy!

Mrs. Markwart

Hello,

Can you guess our mystery object this week? We have posted the entire picture. We want to know what you think it is and what its function is. If you are not sure, give us your best guess.

Good Luck,

Mrs. Markwart's Class

Click to play Mystery Object #3
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Article posted October 17, 2008 at 04:46 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 61

Hello Mrs. Seymour's Class,

We have decided to send you some more hints. Hopefully the following hints will assist you in figuring out our mystery object.

You can find this object in most public places.

The height of the entire object when standing is 41.5 cm tall.

The pictures you see are only the top part of the object.

The bottom part of this mystery object is a cylinder shape.

The bottom part of the mystery object holds a substance.

You may never use this in your lifetime.

If you are interested in pyrotechnics you have a greater chance of using this object.

Those are all the clues we have for you. We hope this helps you on your quest for a correct guess.

Mrs. Markwart's Class

Article posted October 15, 2008 at 09:32 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 97

Hello Mystery Object Partners,

We have posted our first mystery object? Will you be able to guess what it is? We have taken pictures from all different angles. Some pictures were taken up close and some from a distance. Your job is to make a hypothesis. What is a hypothesis you ask...

Definition #1

A hypothesis is an assumption made to test its logical or empirical consequences.

Definition #2

A hypothesis is a suggested but unproved explanation of something.

Basically it is a guess!

Your hypothesis should include what you think the object is and its function. Please post your hypothesis in the comment section of the "Mystery Object" posting. On Friday we will post the mystery object and you can see if you were correct. Next week we will check your mystery object and make our own hypothesis.

Good Luck!

Click to play Mystery Object #1
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Article posted October 3, 2008 at 02:32 AM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 207

We hope you enjoy our digital storybook about our field trip to Crooked Valley. Let us know what you think!

Article posted September 29, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 44

Dear Students,

I sure hope you enjoyed the field trip, "Finding Our Way", as much as I did. A big thank you to Lori, Rory and Doug from the Outdoor Education office for helping us find our way through Crooked Valley. This week we will be sharing our experience once again with our blogging audience. We all know that many people from around the world will be reading our blogs. It is important to be very descriptive when writing your recount as most of our audience has not had the opportunity to experience the wonderful valleys in Saskatchewan. Let's show them what a beautiful place it is and the wonderful activities that we can participate in.

To start off our writing assignment you will watch a slide show of all the pictures that I took from the field trip. As you watch the slide show I want you to complete a free-write where you will jot down different ideas that you can write about. When you are finished with your free-write you will choose a topic and write one descriptive paragraph. With that topic you will complete a writing web of ideas to write about. Once you have completed your web you can get started. Remember the best way to share our experience is to use descriptive words. Also, remember to use transition words to assist you with the flow of your paragraph.

When you are done your paragraph, you will share your experience by using a program called Voice Thread. In Voice Thread we will compile all of our paragraphs and make a digital story about our trip. You will post your chosen picture from the slide show and link your paragraph to that picture. When you have all completed this task we will have a digital storybook about our trip.

Happy storytelling!

Mrs. Markwart

Previous Entries All Entries       All Titles Next Entries

Alumni 07/08
Grade 3/4 Reading Group
Grade 6/7

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com Locations of visitors to this page