Copyright (c) 2014 by KhushiDD Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KhushiDD -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by KhushiDD

teacher: Denton Dynamos

Title: Personal Narratives (10/18/11)
Description: We have spent time in class learning how to write personal narratives. We have learned to focus on a small moment, used lessons from mentor texts to improve our pieces, and worked on making them interesting for our readers. It is now time to demonstrate all you have learned. Choose another idea from your notebook and write a new personal narrative. Follow the directions below:

Write about a seed, not the whole watermelon.

Use at least one idea we got from a mentor text. It could be repeating ideas for emphasis, using specific words to get us into the mood of your story, or any other lessons we learned.

Write a really great introduction (grabber) and be sure to conclude your story.

Edit carefully for spelling, punctuation, repeated words/sentences, and grammar.

This blog will be due on Friday, October 28th. Early submissions must be in by Wednesday, October 26th if you want suggestions. Remember to do all work in your blog Google doc before submitting it here in Class Blogmeister.

Article posted October 26, 2004 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 1010

The Trip To Villa Roma

By Ryan

We were all packed and ready to go. I was so excited and filled with anticipation! Yes!!! The day of the trip had arrived! We were going to Villa Roma for the first time. We went on the road “quicker than a roadrunner.” When we finally got to the expressway, I was beyond happy! Soon we were pretty far away from home.

While driving on the Cross Bronx Expressway, I saw these enormous buildings built on top of the expressway. You actually drive through a tunnel built underneath these buildings. I had never seen anything like that before. Wow. It was amazing! But it got me to think, what if they fall down while we are driving through them? Then I thought, no way. You would need a pretty strong earthquake to do that. But guess what? That very same day while we were driving to get to Villa Roma, there was an earthquake in New York! Only we didn’t find out until we got there. The earthquake happened while we were driving, and that is why we didn’t feel it. Also, we were not listening to the radio.

We drove across bridges and we were very high. At one point , my dad told me that we were on top of a mountain but I didn’t believe him. He explained to me that people dynamited through the mountains to create the expressways. Then I realized how high we were . It was as if we could touch the clouds!

We were so close to the place but my dad got lost . Luckily the navigation helped us. As we got closer to our destination, my ears popped. It was because of the altitude . Three and a half hours later we had finally arrived to the town of Callicoon . I was so excited. We continued to go up winding narrow roads, we passed small farms and I kept saying to myself, Is this what I have been waiting for? Some of the houses looked really run down and I wasn’t sure if that was where we were going to stay. My parents kept teasing me, and pointing at different homes that looked like little barns and saying: There it is! That’s Villa Roma. Then we would all laugh. About ten minutes later we finally made it to the end of the road, and there it was. The resort looked astonishing! I couldn’t wait to get out of the car and begin my vacation.

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 03:33 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 170

My first time ice-skating  

My dad and I were going to Iceland, so I can learn how to ice-skate.  I was thinking,”Ice-skating. One foot, than another, I  can do this!” When we got there my dad yelled,”We’re here!” My body trembled with excitement.

When I went on the ice, I almost tripped and fell down, so I did a crazy dance. One of the teachers looked at my name tag and saw that my teacher was named Jenna. She pointed where Jenna was. I tried to skate to her spot, but I couldn’t. I wobbled all the way there. Jenna looked sweet and kind, so I said to myself,”This is going to be the best ice-skating year ever!”

I tried hard to do the same thing Jenna did,but I couldn’t.This is what she told me to do:

First,she told me to do a swizul. She said it’s like doing a figure eight.Then, once I got the hang of the swizuls, Jenna told me to do S’es. She told me that it was like swiming in an S line, except you are not in the water, but your arms are like you are swimming. While I was doing it, I saw my brother and my dad. I really wanted to show them that I am a great skater.So I took a deep breath. The air temperature was like a freezer. I did my best to show them that if I try really hard, I can do it corectly.

After lessons, there is practice.The practice is when you do all the stuff you learned from lessons and practice them.When I did the practice I tried my hardest to do the swizuls and the S’es. While I was practicing my swizul and S’es, I fell down few times.The first time I fell down, I got angry with myself. It was like I wanted to scream out loud, it was like I wanted to quit!!

Next Sunday I was wiggiling in my seat. I was yelling in my mind ”Drive quicker! I want to go to ice-skating!” We got there, whent inside and I started to put on my ice-skates. I got on the ice and started to do what Jenna said. I thought that maybe I was improving a little bit. When lessons were done, I stared to practice. The only two new things I Iearnd were spirals and pumps. A spiral is when you lift up your leg high, and pumps are when you pump your leg back and forth, just like you are a pumping up a broken tire.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 09:26 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 239

By: Adam

On Saturday morning I got out of bed and I went downstairs. I was careful that my mom or dad did not see or hear me because I wasn’t aloud to get out of bed until 7:00. When I got to the den I turned on the TV and I saw a show on it was Pokémon ranger guardian signs then I started to watch. One day there was A Pokémon ranger named Ben. He was trying to save the legendary Pokémon latios because there was an evil team named the Pokémon pinchers. They were people who tried to steal other wild Pokémon. He was charging right down at the Pokémon pinchers they were already trying to catch latios when they noticed Ben they went in the opposite direction. They were in the air and there was something that Ben was riding a staraptor it is a bird Pokémon that can fly. Then Ben landed on this island then staraptor went back to its home. Then he saw a pichu with a ukulele on it quickly Ben got his styler out and started to catch the pichu it was agitated so he didn’t get full bond with it. A styler is something that gets bond with Pokémon. Then the pichu understood that Ben was good because pichu thought that Ben was a Pokémon pincher. Then pichu communicated with Ben and told him that the Pokémon pinchers were on the island then pichu pointed to a cave. Ben went inside and he saw one of the leaders Red. They were trying to take the slate of Raikou so they can get Entei and Suicune because the Pokémon pinchers wanted those legendary Pokémon. quickly Ben took action Red saw him and his cranidos attacked it was a good thing that it was not agitated again he got his styler and did what he did he freed the cranidos but then taking the slate was complete then the Pokémon pinchers fled Ben was too late. Then he realized that Raikou was there then he ran as fast as he could and he got out of the cave. When he got out they were not seen in the air at all. Then my mom called me to brush my teeth and shower, so we can go to my grandpa's house. When I got to my grandpa's house my cousins were there they were playing capture the flag I said (hey can I play) one of them said (yes). After capture the flag we had to eat but I didn’t want to because I was having so much fun, we ate macaroni. When we were done eating I didn’t want to go so my mom made a deal with me that I can stay at my cousins house for 0:30 I was really happy with that. After the 0:30 we had to leave I was really sad that I had to leave so I said (bye!) and until next Saturday I can’t wait.  

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 11:45 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 132

I was walking to school. When I got to my class it was a regular day. The sun was bright and shining and the birds were chirping. At recess I played with Adam, Hubert,Siva,Dev,Tommy, and Timmy.As usual. Then when we got back to the class room. Mrs. Diorio said “Show-and-tell tomorrow!” I was so exited and wondering what I would bring. Other people were wondering what they would bring to. When I got home my mom said “What happened today?”I told her that tomorrow is Show-and-tell. She asked”What will you bring tomorrow?”I answered”I don’t know.”She looked around for stuff that I can bring to school tomorrow. Then she stared at my pet goldfish. I know she wants me to bring my goldfish to school. I said”No.”She said”Why not?”I answered “It’s because like your idea but I can’t take him out. He looked at the fish's.They were happily swimming around.He looked at his mom like she had two heads.Then he said” How about we buy a new one?”Jacob’s mom said …...........YES!We went to the pet store to get one.When we got there we looked around. To my right I saw a Huge fish tank Colorful fish like the rainbow! To my left I saw a dog pin filled with fluffy dogs! looked forward and saw a parrot telling people”Come, come,come all people,”but still I was looking through the colorful fish tank a perfect fish.Just at that moment I saw a perfect fish! I looked in the hand book in front of the tank.Then I saw the picture! It was shiny as solid gold,the scales were sharp as a blade, and it has a eye clear as glass.I told my mom I wanted that fish. She told me …..............YES!I told the manager I wanted the fish. He took it out and put in a bag full of water.It was the day for show-and-tell. I put the fish in a case.When it was time for show I took the case out of my backpack I showed everybody. they oohed and ahhed.I told them about the pet shop, the begging, and most of all I told them about the animals.

By:Jacob

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 09:49 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 116

The Trip to New Hampshire

We woke up at 5:00 and started to go in the car. Once we were in, my dad started the engine and drove off. We drove and drove and drove and drove and drove.We stopped at a lake to look at it and plus it was fresh water so we drank from it.Then we started seeing mountains, mountains on the right and the left and every where else. We went up and down and up and down and up and down, it started to feel like a roller coaster. We all looked outside it was all really nice. i just couldn't wait till we get to the hotel=http://!!! I asked “how long is this going to take” “5 more minutes.” But the time went flying by while i was having fun in the car we soon reached to our hotel.

Article posted October 31, 2011 at 04:41 PM GMT0 • comment (5) • Reads 138

THE BIG GOAL   

BY MICHAEL                                                                 

It was a sunny afternoon and I was in  the middle of a league game with 7 minutes left of the third period.The score was 4-2 and we were losing. The line that was on the ice had a brake away!!! Then my defence man who had the puck took a shot in the air and...

!!!!SWOOSH!!!!

The defence man scored=http://! now the score is 4-3! One more goal and we tie the game. Now I am on the ice with my two teammates Ari and Fin. So now I won the face off and passed it to the defence man and he passed it to Ari and Ari passed it to Fin. I looked at the clock and saw that there is only 3 minutes left!!! So I rushed to my teammates in the offensive zone.when I came I saw that my two teammates needed help so I came to help. At the end the goalie made save so we had to have a face off.I looked at the clocked to see how much time was left. There was 1 minute left=http:// after that they dropped the puck.I won the face off again and passed it to my  defence man. After that he passed it to my teammate Fin and then Fin passed the puck to Ari.after that Ari passed it to Fin to confuse the  goalie. It worked.Then Fin shot the puck and it pounced  off the goalie and went to Ari .Ari then shot the puck and it  almost went in but it didn't. But the goalie didn't  save it either so I dove in and...

!!!!SWOOSH!!!!

I scored!!! I scored with no time left!!I was so happy that my team didn't lose and also that when I look at the score board I saw the score 4-4 tie game.So now my team’s record is 3 wins 0 loses and now 2 ties.

THE END

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 10:22 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 113

One outstanding Saturday, it did not feel like the day could get any better until my dad told me "we are going fishing!" I was so excited that I came running as fast as my feet could take me.

We went in the car. I could see the beautiful water and trees. What made this so exciting for me was it was the first time in my life that I had a chance to catch a fish.

When we got on the boat, I felt the nice, cool wind and saw the blue, crisp water. What turned out to be great was good and bad at the same time. The good news was I was catching a lot of fish, but the bad news was I had to let all the fish go.

At the end of the day I was happy that I caught 9 fish as my total, but I was sad because I did not get to keep any of the fish and it started raining hard.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 01:04 AM GMT0 • comment (9) • Reads 378

The Time I Made One of My Friends Dream Come True

By Jacqueline Jara

It was a nice sunny day but it was freezing out side. In school during recess I grouped up with my friends. We always have a topic to talk about so today’s topic were movies in the movie theater. We were talking about it then one of my other friends came and asked if she could play with use we answered “ OF COURSE YOU CAN!” We told her what the topic was and suddenly she didn’t want to play and when she tolled use she didn’t want to play she tolled use in a unhappy way. I wondered why she didn’t want to play so I asked her. She tolled me that she has never ever seen a movie before in the movie theater before in her whole entire life! So I gave her a promise that I will have a play date with but the play date is going to be in a movie theater. The day we had our play date was a question day because my friend kept asking me… “What does a theater look like?” Once we got there my friend looked so amazed as if she has seen the center of the earth! The thing she liked most about the theater were the seats shed rocked back and forth the whole time! When the movie ended and when we had to leave my friend shouted “THAT MOVIE WAS AWSOME” so many times as if she were an iPod and she was stuck on replay! That is the story of the time I made one of my friends dream come true!

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 12:36 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 120

The Time I Went To the Beach With My Uncle

By: Cole 

I woke up, got on my bathing suite and was ready for the beach. My Uncle always comes up with great things to do, I wonder what he had planned for today. When we got to the beach, the first thing I smelt was the salt-water from the waves and heard the seagulls. We found a great spot near the water. After we set up our blanket, we jumped right into the water. The waves are always really rough. We got out in 10 minutes because I was bored and needed something else to do. We first got on our mitts and had a catch. Of course I fell in the first three passes. After we got a frisbee and started another catch when 3 other kids wanted to play. After about an hour, I heard the sound of my stomach growling, so I knew it was time for lunch. Me and my Uncle went to the best resturant in Long Beach, its called Minnesota’s. I always get the chicken fingers and fries. I could almost taste the scrumpetious brownie explosion my Uncle had ordered for us. After we finally could walk again, we headed back to the beach. My Uncle was tired, but there was no stopping me from going back into the water. We had stayed at the beach for another 2 hours. That was a great day at the beach with my Uncle!!!

The Museum Trip

By:Nadia

One summer day I went to The Metropolitan Museum in Manhattan. I went with my sister, cousins and aunt. We took the subway. That was an experience because We usually don’t take the subway.We were so excited when we got to the museum. We didn’t know what to look at first. There were many paintings and statues. First, we went to the Egyptian Exhibit. Next, we went to the Chinese Exhibit, they had real fish! Then, we went to the Asian Exhibit and European paintings. Finally, we got to the gift shop. We all got to choose something. I chose a building block set. I can’t wait to go there again.

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 01:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 131

The Jaw Dropping Shopping Trip

By: Catriona O’Shea

One day we were off from school and mom decided that it was a good day to go to the mall. We needed some dresses because we had so many occasions coming up. But there was so much to look at and choose from so many options made it hard to pick. First we went to JcPenny I was very lucky because we found two dresses for me right away.One was dark blue with a lime green sash, and the second one was green with all different color flowers on it.My mom decided that my two older sisters also needed dresses so we went to Tjmaxx. Alannah found a pretty purple dress with polka dots. and Tara found a gorgeous pink dress, and they also found one sky blue dress to share. While they picked out their sizes mom set down my already bought dresses to help them. We were very lucky because we would get FIVE dresses. So we walked to the checkout line to pay for my two older sisters dresses and waited as the line moved slowly. Mom was talking about how successful our shopping trip had been.

Then Alannah yelled “Who has the dresses?”

No one answered. We all looked at each other hoping that one of us was holding them. No such luck. Mom remembered that we had set the dresses down in the Communion section, while looking around. Then mom ran like mad to the Communion section. We all darted behind her trying to keep up. When we had finally run across the store to the communion section mom spotted the bag on the hook immediately. We snatched it and all took a breathe of relief. Then we walked to the checkout line and talked about how scary of a situation that was.

Article posted October 27, 2011 at 02:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 149

The Time I Tied The Record

Why can’t I break the pitching speed record I said? I threw the ball. Oh! so close somebody said.  I still couldn't break the record.  I was so disappointed. There were so many children who were cheering me on.  This made me a little nervous. I tried one more time. I was one mile away from breaking the fastest pitch record. The junior record was 47 miles per hour. Then I had lunch. I thought about it and had an idea. I figured it out.  All I had to do was to throw the ball as fast as I can.  Finally, the third time I tried, I threw the ball as fast as I could.  Guess what, I was able to tie the record. I threw the ball 47 miles per hour.

I was very happy to throw a fast ball but I was most happy to do my best and to keep trying.

By Siva

“You better go on the Double Barrel Drop!” Nicole yelled at me.

My family and I were at The Great Wolf Lodge with a couple of friends. My sisters and our friend Nicole and I were at the Double Barrel Drop.  I was scared but I didn't tell anyone. I asked my sisters, “Are you sure we should go on?”

Ashley said, “Yeah it’s fun!”

I was thinking to myself when we were walking up the stairs, “It’s going to be fun.  It’s going to be fun.  It’s going to be fun.”

I kept climbing up the stairs until we got to the top. I kept on looking down the stairs to see how high we were.   My heart was beating like crazy. We finally reached the top of the ride.   I tried to turn around but Nicole wouldn't let me.  When I tried to go down, Nicole wouldn't let me. The guy opened the chain.  Then he said, “You could come on now”.

Then Nicole pushed me on and she went on and the guy pushed us down. The raft was

moving up and down in the water. Then we went flying down the slide tunnel.  Then when we hit the barrel, I went flying. I started screaming and we almost  flipped. Then we started going lower.  Then we went back into the tunnel and we went flying.  Then we hit the other barrel and it was worse. It was bigger, faster, and longer.  We went flying.  When we were in it, we kept on going up and down and up and down.  We went down the tunnel and I saw the end.  That’s when I realized it was soooo fun.  I asked Nicole if we can go again .

BY:Cristian

THE END

Article posted October 26, 2011 at 02:01 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 106

MY FIRST DAY AT DENTON!!! The first of February we were moving. I will miss my friends because I am going to a new school. The school I am going to is Denton. I hope to get lots of friends. I was wondering about the class rules. I went to the school to see who my teacher was . My teacher’s name was Ms.Depola. She was such a nice teacher. Then it was Monday. I was so excited and nervous too. My mom and my dad droped me to my class room. I had butterflies in my tummy. I was shy in front of my classmates. The students in Ms.Depola’s class were so nice and they were also funny.I was learning a lot on my first day in Denton. They have lots of classroom rules. One of their rules were, if the class gets 25 stars, they get an ice cream party.I said to my self that I’m already loving this class. Ms.Depola is such a cool teacher.She is so awesome. The classmates shared stuff with me. Everyone was trying their best to make me feel comfortable all the time. It was like I was really popular. It made me feel very happy.She is a great teacher.Ms.Depola is a creative teacher. I love Denton so much. Denton is the best.Denton is so awesome. Denton is so cool.You don't know how much I loxve Denton.Wedo so many cool projects. We do awesome things at art.There are so many nice kids at Denton.

Article posted October 25, 2011 at 02:48 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 131

My mom just got of the phone saying that my baby cousin had just been born.  I could not believe it.  My baby cousin was going to be born.  I was not going to see him being born but I was going to see him.  His name was going to be Wesley. I could not wait to see him.  I was excited to see him but I had to finish my ski trip.  I could not focus on my ski trip.  I was keep on thinking about the baby.  When I was going down a snow hill I was still thinking about the baby when SPLAT CRASH.  I had fell and went falling down a little less then half of the hill.  I got hurt only a little.  I could not stop thinking about the baby.  I was board to death when we drove back to my house.  When we finally got back from the ski trip we went to the hospital.  I was not that happy that the baby was a boy, but when I saw him I changed my mind. I thought it was the cutest and the tiniest thing ever.  Everyone admired him. Had all the attention at that moment.  I was devastated too because I used to be the baby of the family and now I was only the second youngest child. I was still glad too.  It had been the best day ever.

By : Jordana

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 03:28 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 139

Trip Before the Big Trip

I was so excited! One day left until I go to the Philippines! I walked around the room jumping up and down. “ What do I do before my trip?”I repeated constantly in my head. “ I know!” I said like as if I were a scientist. Then someone rang the doorbell. “ I got it.” I yelled as I swiftly ran to the door.

“Hi Hubert!” my cousins said. My cousins were twins and both had black hair as dark as a cave and their faces always looked jolly. .I let my cousins in and we at ease in front of the TV. “Lets play Wii.” my cousins said.

“Sure.” I said. We took out my game called Mario Kart Wii. We started playing the game being competitive. Then my cousins had to leave.

I woke up the next day by the yelling of my mom. I ran towards the front door carrying all my items I needed. My cousins were their as we said bye.

We got into the taxi cab and drove off. The driver showed us all different places and talked about the economy.

“Finally!” I said as we arrived at the airport. I jumped off the cab with my bag and luggage. “Bye” I said as we walked to the entrance of our terminal. I knew we were going to have a great trip ahead of us.

Article posted October 23, 2011 at 10:18 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 121

A Movie to Remember

Last week I went to my cousin’s house for her birthday. She was turning 15! To celebrate her birthday we went to a movie theater in Hicksville. My best friend, Umema came too. We were buzzing like bees to watch “ Dolphin Tale”. We were just a bursting volcano!!! After we paid for the tickets we went to the Dolphin Tale room.

It was one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. It was about a dolphin named Winter who loved to swim. One day when fishermen came and put the net in the water to catch crabs, Winter got stuck and she swam away with the net still on her. She came near the seashore where a boy named Sawyer and a fisherman saw her. They called the animal doctors who came and put her in a truck and sprayed some water on her.

They brought her to an Aquarium and checked her for scratches. Winter’s tail got infected from having the rope on her. It was too infected so they had to cut her tail off. I almost started to cry when I saw that. I think it really hurts. She could still swim but it was the wrong way for dolphins to swim. They tried 3 different types of rubber tails on her. She hated and destroyed the first two tails. Then the Doctors made a gel type tail that she really liked. They were all finally happy.  You can actually see Winter in Sea World, Florida.

The movie ended around midnight. We were very exhausted when we got back. I would really give this movie four stars. This movie is really a movie to remember.

BY AROOB

Article posted October 28, 2011 at 01:52 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 1056

Please fasten your set belts we will be taking of in five, four,three,two,one, zero, BLAST OFF! All of a sudden I was up in the air flying! I was in a plane flying to England sitting next to my sister and mom. It was a family trip including my aunts, uncles, cousins and my dad would be joining us later. While we were in the plane I watched lots of movies. I glimpsed out of the window after taking off, I saw some land and expressways. A few hours later I looked out my window again I saw an ocean. It was blue with green parts.The moon looked so pretty glimmering and shining over the ocean. I heard my sister calling me because now she saw something else looking out the other window. After seven hours, I got my first sight of land . I asked my mom how much more time was there left and she said about an hour to get to Birmingham, England. We were served breakfast. The breakfast was a croissant and cheese. The flight attendant gave me and my sister games to play. We played and then we watched a movie again. When we landed and got out I saw a double decker bus and a red phone booth and I knew we were in ENGLAND!!! I was ready to see the Queen and of course Princess Kate Middleton.

THE END

Article posted October 19, 2011 at 09:31 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 127

It was a burning hot day, Mom and I mom knew this ride would cool us down.

Me and my mom sat on a huge log. We started going up from the bottom to top I could see other rides,gigantic lines and people enjoying each other. Also I could see red colors, yellow color, blue colors and white color and I could see a crowd of people. waiting for the water to come. 

We started turning,finally we stopped turning I knew what was going to happen next... we went pummeling down! I was as scared as a turkey in November! When we reached the bottom water splashed all over us. It was every where I coudln't even open my eyes. It was even going higher than my mom and I.

We got soaked it was so cool I couldn't wait to go on together!