Article posted May 16, 2012 at 04:11 AM GMT • comment • Reads 79

Wow. International Towne was very..... interesting. Although it wasn't like I imagined, it was still fun and exciting. What I liked about I-towne was that it was based on a real-life situation, not an imaginary problem or setting. I admit, I was a bit disappointed in the size of I-towne.... but you know, atleast its there=http:// My favorite part of I-towne was going around and "traveling". It was interesting what other people were doing in their countries. As I walked around, I saw many different souveneirs and I learned a lot of things from this experience. I would rank it three stars out of five.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 01:51 AM GMT • comment • Reads 47

World history influences us today because it sort of changes the way we think about where we live. My guiding question was "How Does Cleopatra Influence Us Today". I've learned that Cleopatra actually had a baby with Julius Caesar before she met Mark Anthony. I have also learned that her younger siblings claimed to be the King and Queen of Egypt while it was supposed to be Cleopatra's throne. So Cleopatra became allies with the Romans so she could use their army. Cleopatra's sister was captured by the Roman soldiers while her little brother tried to swim the Nile and drowned because he didn't know how to swim. The most interesting part for me was the research piece of this project.

I learned about Aphrodite, Athens, Kimonos, kanji, temples, Chinese food, and many other things. I learned that kanji was Japanese calligraphy and that the Ancient Roman Army used catapults. The World History Fair was very diverting and informational. Although I'm elated by the way everything turned out, I'm glad it's over and I hope I wont have to do that again. It wasn't so bad, but I was freaking out over it because of how many points were in this project. All in all, I think the World History Fair was a great success.

Article posted May 8, 2012 at 12:54 AM GMT • comment • Reads 44

I chose Cleopatra because I think her life was very interesting. Her life is full of so much drama and action. It was cool learning more about her, what she did, who she met, and what happened to her. My project is fairly decent and I think I can pull a solid 'C' on this project.

I think the chicken wing dissection was very intresting and it was very educational. It was amazing looking at the inside of a chicken wing and pulling the little tendons to make the wing move. Although the wing was very slippery and gooey, it was still a fun experience... I never realized how similar a chicken wing is to a human arm... I learned that you can still move the wing of a chicken after its dead... after that lab, I don't think I'll eat chicken ever again...

My Quote:

"A person who never made a mistake never tried something new." ~Albert Einstein~

My Reaction Poem:

To me this means no one can be perfect

Because no one has done only ONE thing.

To me it means that NO ONE is perfect

And THAT makes me want to sing.

Because if everyone was perfect,

I would feel all alone.

I know I'm not perfect,

Yeah right, perfect as a stone!!!

I didn't really study cells before, so this is something new to me... I mean, I knew about cells, but I never got to STUDY them... The best part about the cell labs are looking through the microscopes and finding the cells. The worst part about it is that we always have to write a conclusion. Its sort of annoying having to write conclusions for minor labs too. I've learned quite a lot, actually. I find cells very intresting because I will most likely be using cells and other things for my future career...

Before eating

Above the cupcake

Under the cupcake

Among the other tasty pastries

Within the perfect, tasty, pink, fluffy cupcake

On the white platter

Near the front window

With the cupcakes

Behind the donut

Between the pies

On a delicate napkin

Among the pastries

Beneath the glass display case

Over the delicious apple turnovers

Beside the other golden pastries

The book I'm reading now is, "Cleopatra Rules!" by Vicky Alvear Shecter. I find it very intriguing because Cleopatra is my historical role model. Cleopatra is my role model because she was one of the first women rulers of her time, she went outside her palace to know her people more, and because she spoke many languages. Anyways, the book tells about her life, how she lived, what she studied, events that happened, and many other things. I love this book!!!!

I love swimming because it helps me forget about all of the bad things in my life. I feel like when I swim, the water just washes the bad things out/off of me. I guess I feel this way because when I swim, I don't think about anything, just the water ahead of me. I don't care about the rest, I just swim, and swim, and swim...

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." Dalai Lama

I think that Dalai Lama ment that if you have compassion and tolerance for other people, it doesn't mean you're weak, it means you are strong enough to have those feelings and show them. If you hide those feelings, then you really are weak.

I can apply this into my life by being more compassionate towards other people, and also by showing tolerance to people who really annoy me.

I think this quote can be used to make positive changes in someone's attitude because nobody wants to be called weak. So, I think that people would really try to be "stronger" and be compassionate and tolerant.

There are many things I am thankful for, but my top ones are:

I am thankful for my family for ALWAYS supporting me and my decisions. I am thankful for being able to live here in the U.S.A. where we have so much freedom. I am thankful for my true friends who stood by my side this whole time. I am thankful for being able to get a good education (though I have trouble turning things in on time…… I’m sorry teachers!!) I am thankful for the internet! It makes things soooooooooooo much more easier! I am thankful for food, water, and clean air. I am thankful for life no matter how many sucky moments there are. I am thankful for books and technology for entertaining me when I go on road trips with my family (I’m sorry books…… I cannot read you on moving vehicles or I will get carsick...) I am even thankful to those people who were mean to me……. They taught me a lot about things like self-defense, patience, and they helped me become strong enough to ignore them when they made fun of me. I am pretty much thankful for everything……

Oh, and one more thing…….. I am thankful that YOU are reading this!!! Thank you!!

The best mystery I have ever read….. hmmmmm. I don't have one favorite mystery, I have too many mysteries I like... A few are:

1. Sherlock Holmes

2. Nancy Drew

3. Hardy Boys

That's pretty much it....

Article posted November 7, 2011 at 10:18 PM GMT • comment (2) • Reads 73

I like blogging because I have never blogged before I met Mrs. Lubich. I haven't blogged for a long time, but I really like blogging! I sort of had a few problems along the way, but I think blogging was a very creative experience!!