Copyright (c) 2014 by B Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
B -- Blogmeister

Bloggers 2010-11

Blogs discussing Science ideas, procedures and outcomes will be posted here.

by B

teacher: Michelle Huseman

Air force blog 03/11/11
Electricity 03/01/11
Eagle Days 01/27/11
water buffalo 01/14/11
free rice 01/07/11
humane society 01/07/11

Title: Eagle Information (01/27/11)
Description: Under this heading you will enter any blogging that you do about Eagles. This will include what you think our trip on Jan. 28th will be like, your observations of the eagle webcam, and your writing from the webquest.

Some eagles eat muskrats because they think it is yummy. But they always eat fish, because there is a lot of flesh on them. Eagles eat 60-90 fish a day to keep a diet.

Hi, my name is Taylor. I am watching the West Virginia Eagle webcam and we are wondering if the bald eagle mother is going to lay her third eagle egg. The bald eagle already has two eggs. The bald eagle mother is supposed to lay the third eagle egg. The eagle mother is trying to keep her eggs warm. It has snowed in Norfolk, West Virginia and the eagle mother is laying down on the snowy nest protecting her babies this morning. They said that the eagle mother layed an egg yesterday at 6:00 P.M

By:Taylor Minks

On this eagle webquest we have 6 steps. One step was about the scientific name and the classiffication for a eagle. We went to the website and found the answer.

I was doing a class research project, it is about eagles. The questoin is what is the scientific name for the bald eagle? The next question is what are the classifications of this magnificent bird? I wrote down the scientific name is Haliaeetus Leacocepauls,the clasifacations are phylsm. chordata,class : Aves, order :Facolcol fame family :A Accipitridae, Genues: Haliaeetus.

My next questions are An eagle hasspeil report characteristice. I have to explore and describe the feathers and eyesight on the bald eagle. I wrout down the bald eagle has 7,000 feathers. An eagle can see almost anything a mile away.

My theerd questions are What are talons and how does the bald eagle use them. It says explain what you think is remarkable about thispart of the bald eagle. I wrout down when bald eagles get a fish they put thier talons in the fish andf carry`s the fish to the nest to eat it. It is remarkabal to claw the side of the fish to pick it up.

the fourth question are how eagles how eagles migrate during winter from the northern areas down to the sourthern areas? the next one is can you explain what miograte means and why thed do it. I wrout down was the first eagle are usually spotted in December and they migrate back north in March. When the water startes to freeze up norththe eagles migrate south to places hite the melrin price Locks and Dam, the Alyon lake section Nation Wildlife Refuge, Pere Marquettc State Park, and the Clarksville area where condtion are favrable.

My last questions are what does an eagles home look like? Whereis it found? Whatis unusual about it? I wrout throuout the season and sometimes even during fall and winter , eagles keep adding stickes to nest and they reuse nests , continuing to build on to them for many years. That huge record - bracking nest in Florida was very old. Paris unually stars a new nest in a living tree though there are often dead trees (``snages``) nearby were they have a view all around when they are reasting near the nest.

I think the eagles body heat is about 107.1 degrees. The mother eagle is just sitting in the nest with the eggs. She is looking around, she is lifting her feathers up really high. She is poking her head up really high. She has been poking her head up a couple of times.

I see the eagle mother sitting on the nest and she looks cold but she is hot and her egg might get frozen in that snow. I think she and the egg are problably warm because her temperature 105 degrees. That's warm to me can and scarey to me. Bye have a nice warm day.

by Jaida

I think it will be fun to watch the eagles fly around in circles. It will be cool seeing the eagles up close. We will get to see the eagles nest and how they build them. Our field trip is on the 28th of January. It will take at least an hour to get to Clarksville.

The eagles are moving and I think they are good at building their nest. Sometime the female bald eagle will lay her egg and the male and female bald eagle will lay all of their eggs in the nest. It looks like they got some bark off the tree. The time is 9:00 the weather is partly cloudy and a temperature of 38 degrees. The eagles are back and one just flew off the nest and the other one is still on the nest and the time is 10:10.

By:Taylor Minks

The mom eagle is pushing her baby down more so the egg will be warm. The wind is blowing very hard you can see the feathers moving.

I think that the eagles temperature is about 105 degrees to keep the eggs warm.The egg is very white when it comes out. The mom eagle rolls her baby. It is called the egg roll.

I'm going to be writing about eagles an how they nest and all sorts of different things about eagles.

I have learened that the bald eagle has a scientific name and that they have a classification name too and the scientific name is Haliaeetus leucocepholus and the classification name is Phylum;choradat, class;aves, order;Falconi fomes, Family;Accipitriae, Genus;Haliaeetus.

I have learned that the eagles feathers trap in air to insulate from the rain.The eyesight of the bald eagle is five to six times sharper that a humans eye and they can see fish from several hundred feet above the water.

Did you know that the talons on the bald eagle can hang on to a larger fish while flying to the nest and the talons are 2 inch sharp talons.

The bald eagles will migrate and they will head south because when the water freezes up they will migrate to the south but when it is winter where they are they will migrate to the north again.

The bald eagles nest is in a tree and it has lots of sticks and dryed up grass.The strong thick branches will hold up the nest.

The bald eagles were on the endangered species list because of DDT but now they are not on the endangered species list anymore. They are on the watch list now because we want to know how many eagles we have in the United States.

I think that the eagles are getting ready for an egg. The eagle that was flying was the woman. The eagle was taking the tree parts off for the nest. It looks like it is grass in the nest.The eagle was preening itself.

Bald Eagle means that we are talking about bald eagles!Where talking about bald eagles in class!Then we are going to eagle days!Then we are going to come back to school!Than we are going to wright the amazing facts about bald eagles!Read my amazing facts to find out what is so intresting about the bald eagle! The scientific name for the bald eagle is Haliaeetua Leucocephalus!

Hi this is Gillyan and I'm watching the eagle cam.I'm wondering why the eagle keeps on fling away?

Does the eagles know your there? Do you know when the nest was first built? Where did the eagles go? Can the nest be much bigger than this

nest? How do you get so close?I think the eagles body temputure is 100.5.

BY:Gillyan

Bald Eagle means that we are talking about bald eagle.Were talking about bald eagles in class.Then we are going to go to Eagle Days.Then we are going back to school. Then we are going to write all the facts on the bald eagle.Read my amazing facts to find out what is so intresting about the bald eagle.

The scientific name for the bald eagle is Haliaeetus Leucocephalus.The classification is phylum:chordata

Today I will be talking about eagles. As you go on you will learn about an eagles life. I hope you will enjoy this information about eagles.

What is the scientific name for the bald eagle? What are the classifications of this magnificent bird? The scientific name for the bald eagle is Haliaeetus Leucocephalus.The classification of the magnificent bird is phlyum,chordat,class,aves,order,faloniformes,family,accipitridae,and genus,haliaeetus.

An eagle has special raptor characteristics. Explore and describe the feathers and the eyesight of the bald eagle.If I would describe the feathers I would say that the feathers trap air to insulate birds against the cold to protet them from the rain.I would describe the eyesight that they can see fish in the water several hundred feet while soaring,gliding,or in fiapping flight.

What are talons and how does the bald eagle use them. Explain what you think is remarkable about this part of the bald eagle.Talons are the claws on the bald eagles feet.The bald eagle uses their powerful talons to hang onto fairly large fish as the eagle carries it though the air.

Eagles migrate during the winter from the northen areas down to southern areas.Can you explain what migrate means and why they do it.The bald eagles migrate when the water freezes up north and then they travell to south places.Migrate means to move seasonall from one region to another.

What does an esgle home look like.Where is it found.What is unusual about it.An eagle home looks like sticks in a tree with branches that are thick and strong enough to support the nest.An eagles nest is found in the tallest tree.An eagles nest is unusuall because the sharp sticks dont crack the eagles.

On your own why bald eagles were on the endangered species list,and what has happened to change that.The bald eagle were on the endangered species list because the settlers came and change the eagles habitat with the DDT that harmed eagles eggs.It was change because the laws said not to use DDT anymore.

Hi my name is Kennedy Gauch. I am going to tell you about some eagle facts.The facts are that the scientific name for the bald eagle is haliaeetus leacocephulus. The eyesight has a sharpness 5 times a persons with prefect vision. Feathers have a hair and nail, made of keratin. The bald eagle talon has a strong and sharp claws. All birds of prey use their feet for killing. There are 2,000 eagles migrating. The eagle nest looks like sticks, old grass and pinecones. I think that they keep on killing the eagles but now they stop killing the animals.

byKennedy Gauch

Hello eagle watchers! Today I am writing about eagles.So keep reading and learn about eagles.You're going to see a lot of details.Keep reading and learn more about eagles.

The scientific name for the bald eagle is Halieetus Leucocephalus,here is the classifications for the bald eagle.Phylum:Chordata.Class:Aves.Order:Falconifo-mes.Family:Accipitridae.Genus:Halieetus.

An eagle has special raptor characteristics.An eagle's eye is almost as large as a human's.But it's sharpness is at least four times sharper than a person with perfect vision.Bald eagles have 7,000 feathers.Feathers consist on interlocking microscopic structures that are very light,but very strong.

An eagle's feet are very strong and have very sharp 2 inch claws called talons.The the claws must be very strong and sharp.All birds of prey use their claws for killing.Talons are different because they are designed to carry things.the remarkable thing about talons is that they are very muscular and strong.

Eagles migrateduring the winter from the northern areas down to the southern areas.Migrate means to go from one place to another.For example.The birds migrate fromthe north to the south for the winter.Birds migrate because if it is too hot or too cold they can die.

The thing that makes an eagles nest unusual is that the eagle nest is one of the largest nests.They are found in areas with large trees and a body of water.An eagle nest is larger than a regular nest.It is made from lage sticks and branches.

I will tell you how eagles got on and off the endangered spiecies list.Eagles were on the endangered spiecies list because of the chemical DDT.DDT was making the eggs soft.When a parent would sit on the eggs the eggs would break.So they band DDT.

Hi my name is Bow. I am going to teach you about eagle's. What they do and everthing. This is what I am going to teach you about. This is what you are going to learn about.

The scientific name is haliaeatus levcocephalus. Phylum chordata class, aves order, falconiformes family, accipitridae genus haliaeatus.

Bald eagles have 7,000 feathers. Layers of feathers trap air to insulate birds against cold and protect them from rain.

All eagles are renowned for thier excellent eyesight and the bald eagle is no exception. For blinking they also have an inner eyelid called a nictitating membrane. Every three or four seconds the nictitating membrane slides across the eye from front to back wiping dirt and dust from the cornea.

The claws must be extremely strong and sharp. All birds of prey use thier feet for killing.

Love,

Bow

I think the female just left and the male is looking around. The female came back to her nest. They are fixing the nest a little they are looking around and then left. The male is preening himself. That's all bye .

Love,

Jaida

I think it would be a lot about Eagles. We will learn more about Eagles and what they do. I know we will see some Eagles.My brother and sister went and had fun.I know a little about eagles facts and what they eat. It is going to be really cold there. It will be so much fun to watch them fly in the sky.Eagles are not mean. The Eagleswill be pretty to see and take pictures. I think you would like to just see the Eagles fly.It will be peaceful to just enjoy the Eagles. I had seen Eagles fly when I was little. No one should kill Eagles.

Today we're watching a live webcast with two eagles.The eagles are in Virgina. They are getting the nest ready to lay eggs. The weather is about 36 degrees ferenhight and partly cloudy.The female flew in circles around the nest then flew to the ground.

I think it would be fun to see Eagles up close but it would be very scary too. I hope they are not going to be hungry but I am good with eagles. They are cool I can just sit outside looking at Eagles.

I think that it wll be like outside. It wll be cold outside and snowy it is winter time outside. I do not like winter time. It wll be good watching the eagles flying around.

BY KENNEDY GAUCH

Hi my name is Maria and I think that eagle days is going to be good. I think we will be doing some games and seeing some ducks while we are riding the bus. I think it is going to look big and I hope that we learn about lots of eagles when we are there. I think that it will be fun because I always wanted to go. This will be my frist day to the eagle days so I will be good and I think that the eagles are going to be fun to look at. I hope that Ms. Huseman takes some pictures.

Love,

Maria

What I think Eagle Days will be like!

Like I was saying about Eagle Days I think they can be cold and windy. I also think you will see a few not a lot. But I think it might be muddy out by the river(when we are watching the eagles.)

love,

Adrianna