Copyright (c) 2014 by KK Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
KK -- Blogmeister

FIFA World Cup

5B

by KK

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5

The Sickness 12/03/09
The Trip 12/03/09
A Good Beginning 12/03/09
Our Camping Trip 12/03/09
The Middle School Lab 12/03/09
The Dead Sea 12/01/09
Petra 12/01/09
Aqaba 12/01/09
My Favorite Sport 09/16/09

Article posted December 3, 2009 at 04:12 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 162

The Sickness

Karim 11/1/09            

One day I woke up feeling very sick. I went to the living room and asked my mom if she could make me some tea because my stomach was really hurting me, so she said yes. She made me the tea and I drank it and when I was going to put it back on the counter I felt like I was going to throw up so I rushed to the bathroom and I threw up over the sink. I yelled to my mom and she came over and saw that I had thrown up, so she told me to go take a shower. So I did and the day passed and it was night time so I had to go to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and I had to go to the bathroom. I then felt like I was going to throw up and I took the bucket and threw up in it. My mom woke up and saw that I had thrown up so she told me to take it easy and go back to sleep. I woke up in the morning then I threw up again. I felt miserable, but after that I felt fine and I did what I wanted to do, watch TV.

The Trip

Karim 10/29/09

Wow I said as I looked at King Tut’s solid gold mask. I was visiting Egypt as a vacation with my family. We were visiting the Egyptian Museum in Cairo. Then we looked at King Tut’s tomb. It had many artifacts like his 4 chariots made of solid gold. As we looked, our guide told us about Howard Carter and the curse of King Tut. He said that after Howard Carter discovered King Tut’s chamber he became very ill and died one year later. When he discovered King Tut’s chamber he found 300 dead robbers inside. He also found 1 huge solid gold crate and in it he found another crate and inside that crate he found another crate and in that crate he found King Tut’s sarcophagus and treasures. I thought it was a very cool story! Then he told us that Ramses the second had been married to 50 women and had 137 boys and girls!

A Good Beginning

Karim

Have you ever judged a book by its cover? Well the same happened to me when I met my teacher because I thought she was mean, but it turned out that she was very nice. On September, 8. 2009 I met Mrs. Richani and the other students. There were three new students along with me. Their names were Kinan, Jay and Adam, and my name is Karim. Then we went to music. The music teacher's name was Mrs. Yara. She was also very nice. Then we had recess, we played soccer. Then we had lunch it was very good. Then we were dismissed. I like ACS.

Our Camping Trip

KK  10/27/09

Our camping trip to Deyr Al Qamar was very fun. When we got to the camp site, two men named Mr. Andrea and Coach Wisam told us about the camp site and taught us how to set up a tent. My teacher, Mrs. Richani, put me in a tent with my friends Ali, Jay, and Adam. We stayed in our tents for 30 minutes and then we had snack, a breakfast “bar”. Then we went back to our tents for 45 minutes. Later they called us out for a 45 minute hike. We did an Indian hike. Then we had pasta for lunch. After that we went on a hike for around 3 hours. On our hike, we found fossils and shotgun shells. When we returned we played spin-the-bottle. I had to dance in front of the teachers. In the evening we had dinner, it was chich tawouk with garlic. We slept at 10pm. We woke up at 3am and went back to sleep. Then we woke up at 6:30am. Afterwards we sat around and ate breakfast. Then we played Frisbee for a long time. After that the busses came and we left. It was very fun.

Article posted December 3, 2009 at 06:23 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 65

The Middle School Lab

12/3/09

At A.C.S. we went to the middle school lab to see cells, because we were studying cells in science, plant and animal cells. So we went to the lab and looked through the scientific microscopes and we saw all the cells and organelles. The lab teacher Ms. Sleighman poked a whole in Mrs. Richani’s wrist with a needle to get a tiny drop of blood. The she put the blood on a small plate and put were the microscope was. We saw so mand White Blood Cells and Red Blood Cells. It was really cool.

The Dead Sea

11/30/09

When we went to the Dead Sea, my dad told me that the Dead Sea was about 400 meters below sea level which is the lowest point on earth. We stayed in the Marriot. It was very nice, it had many pools, but the water was cold and so was the weather. At around 2:00pm we went down to the Dead Sea. I did not go into it because I had two cuts on my left and right ankle. I would have gone in it, but my dad told me that the water was 90 percent salt. There was so much salt, that the rocks next to the Sea had salt on them. So I took a medium sized rock about the size of my fist and I hit the rock softly until the salt came down. When the salt came down it was clotted together so I had to crumble it in my hand to make it small tiny pieces of salt. After that we found a bucket of mud from the sea and we put it on our bodies. We put it on our bodies because it was rich in the Dead Sea minerals. Then I made a smiley face on my stomach. Next I put more mud on part of my arm and my legs. The Dead Sea was very fun!

Petra

11/30/09

You know how I said I would tell you about my trip to Petra? Well, now I will.

From Aqaba to Petra it took about an hour and a half. When we got to Petra we walked through the mountains around us, this was called Al Siq. Then we found a lot of caves. There was one cave that was very high, but I climbed to it. These caves were not natural caves they were CARVED into the mountain by the Nabataeans. Then we came to the Treasury that was completely carved from rock. It was so big. Then we kept walking and we saw the palace tombs and the royal tombs that were also carved from rock. After that my mom and my uncle climbed 800 steps to get to Al Deir. They actually made it! Then we saw the theatre that was carved completely from stone like the monastery. It held up to about 3000 people then was expanded to hold 7000 people! On the way back I rode a donkey and we got into a horse carriage that took us back to the old road. Petra was very exciting!

Aqaba

11/30/09

From the Dead Sea to Aqaba it took about 3 hours, I was so bored, but we finally got there at 6:00pm. We stayed in the Mövenpick in Aqaba. It was very nice, but the beds were hard, but I dealt with it. Then at around 7:00 we ate dinner at a place called Mello. It tasted very good, and there was a belly dancer that my little brother Rami liked a lot. In the morning the next day we went to the breakfast buffet. It was so good they had omelets, pancakes, waffles and everything. Afterward we went to the pool the water was also cold so I stayed in the Jacuzzi for about 30 minutes. Then we played a little beach soccer. After that my dad and I went to a place which had many kinds of boats. My dad chose the glass bottom boat. We went into the glass bottom boat and we saw all kinds of fish and coral. We also saw a shipwreck and a massive destroyed tank. The next day we went to Petra, but you will hear about that in the next story. On Friday we went on ATV’s it was so fun! Then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. On Saturday we left Jordan I was so sad.

Article posted September 16, 2009 at 06:34 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 57

My favorite sport is soccer, because it is fun and you can play many positions. I play goalkeeper and striker. My favorite position is goalkeeper because it is fun, but it is hard to play because balls come at you really fast and you have to dive for it which can hurt sometimes when you land. In America I played on a team. I mostly played striker and sometimes played goalie. As striker I scored eleven goals in one season. In one game we won 8-1, I scored 4 goals and one of them was a free kick.

9/14/09

KK

I lived in America and i came here. This is my first year in ACS