Copyright (c) 2014 by K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
K -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by K

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Article posted June 3, 2010 at 05:37 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 45

If you have Mr.Edwards for fourth grade next year you will absolutely positively think that this year will be the best year at Greenbriar School. That is exactly what I thought (and I still think that now) after the first few weeks in his class.

Mr.Edwards is the nicest, most caring and the most funniest fourth grade teacher ever. He helps everyone with math problems or any other question we don't get.

This year we also had a lot of really field trips like the Science and Industry Museum, The Grove and the Graue mill but my favorite one was the Science and Industry Museum. There was a lot of really fantastic and cool exhibits like the weather and robot exhibits. The weather exhibit showed us all the kinds of natural disasters and how they are formed. Tornadoes, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, all kinds of storms.

At the Robot exhibit it had all types of cool robots that build stuff and draws pictures. It is so cool.

I loved this year and I hope you like it to!

Article posted April 9, 2010 at 04:53 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 36

A is red like a bright rose in my garden

E is orange like a sunset sinking into the ocean

I is white like the blank wall in my basement

O is black like the night sky

U is blue like the sky in the morning

Y is like a rainbow stretched across the sky

Eyes in the tigers was about all the tigers in the world becoming extinct. They are becoming extinct because people are illegally hunting tigers. Other people are cutting down the tigers' habitats. Because of all the hunting and habitat cutting there is fewer than 3,500 tigers that roam the wild. There used to be more than 100,000 tigers a long time ago. People in organizations are trying to save the tigers. They are predicting that by 2022 there will be more tigers.

I am the son of the jabberwocky that just got killed by the son of the best hunter in all of wonderland. So right now I am staying with my Aunt and Uncle Jabbermouth. Like their last name says they are very big jabbermouths. They are always jabbering how dute my sister is and how disheveled and repuldive I am. But anyway they

still love me. I went outside to gather flower food for dinner when I saw a little boy galumphing toward me probably thinking that he can take me home and keep me as a pet. Now he was saying "hi" and he stopped right in front of me. He had heard of the Jabberwock that got killed and asked if that was my dad. I was surprised that he had asked that so I told him the whole story. My dad went out to find a human that might have some medicine for very high fevers because my mom had a 100 degree temprature. BIZ BAM BOOM! my dad was cut into three pieces. My mom died from the fever and I didn't have a dad anymore so i had to live with my uncle and aunt. I guess he felt bad for me because he said he was sorry for me. We came to be best friends and he told the whole town how our species were very nice. We all became friends with both of our kinds and we all lived happily ever after.

DUTE:dainty and cute

GALUMPH:Galloped Triumphantly

Roller Coasters from today and yesterday are very different from one another. In the 1800’s there was a roller coaster called the Switchback. It went 6 mph, Started on a 50 ft high platform and goes down a 600 ft track. It was controlled by a crank and it took four years to build. Todays roller coasters like the X2 go up to 135 mph. the seats rotate 360 degrees. It has a drop of 121 feet it only took 6 months build. Compared to the Switchback the X2 took wasy shorter to build

Article posted November 21, 2009 at 12:12 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 35

The witches movie and the book was awesome! There was some differences and simalarities. There was also some funny parts and sad parts. This part is different from the book. The boy that was in the movie had a name which was Luke and the boy in the book was anonymous. The whole time I was reading the book I was thinking "what is the boys name?" Then I finished the book with that question still wondering what his name was. This part was sad, a difference and a simalaritie. The parents were going out to dinner and left Luke with his Grandma. The parents got into a car accident and died. The police came and found the parents they took the mother's shawl and waited until the morning. In the morning the police took the shawl to Luke's house early in the morning and showed his grandma. In the book the parents were picking up the boy's uncle and aunt because their car broke down. The parents missed the uncle and aunt and fell in a big ditch and died. That was all the sad simalarites, differences and sad parts. This is the funny part In the movie and book the Wiches turn Luke into a mouse. The mouse/luke ran into the kitchen and ran up a cooks pants. The cook noticed and he shouts "there's something in my pants!" someone sugests to take off his pants so he does. He said it went up his underwear and he said that so he takes down his nickers. I don't want to get into details so if you want to see what happens next you have to get the movie and the book.

Article posted October 27, 2009 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

White Fang was an addicting book. It was that good. I would totally recommend it if you are looking for a good book.

White Fang was about a young wolf orphan that had to learn about all the typical wolf ways on his own. Instead he learned about domesticated dog ways. He gets adopted by a Native American named Gray Beaver. Gray Beaver would beat White Fang with his fist and heavy clubs. After a few years an American named Beauty Smith came to Gray Beaver's Camp site. He was a short round man that was feared by the Native Americans. Beauty Smith had brought whiskey and addicted Gray Beaver with it so he could take White Fang away. White Fang tried to go back to Gray Beaver but Gray Beaver took White Fang back to Beauty Smith. White Fang received many blows from a big heavy metal club for his punishment. Beauty Smith took White Fang to a big town where it was very secret where they held dog fights. Beauty Smith had entered White Fang into one. He always won until one day he fought a big bull dog. Everyone thought it was the end of White Fang when they saw the bull dog bite into White Fang's neck very close to his jugular vein. When they heard a ringing of bells from a dog sled a man jumped out of the sled and saw the fight and the bull dog on White Fang. They stopped the fight and took White Fang home with them and there White Fang stayed for the rest of his days.

Article posted October 16, 2009 at 08:12 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 33

Listen. Do you hear the gears rumbling? That is what we heard on our field trip to Graue Mill, a 150 year old mill.

The gears I was talking about made electricity by making the mill move but now it's just is for decoration. My favorite floor was the third floor because it was like a museum of old history. It had a children's bedroom, an adult's bedroom and a kitchen. This may sound weird but the kitchen had a bathtub in it. When they took a bath they never changed the water until everyone had a bath. You probably don't want to hear anymore about this so I will tell you about the second floor.

The second floor had a loom, horse carriages, a lot scythes on a rack and a dress-up area. The first floor had a gift shop and a place where they ground wheat, corn, black wheat, and flax. It was so cool.

Finally! We are down to the basement. There is the rumbling sound again, but louder now. There are old pictures of slaves and old pieces of writing. This is where the big old gears I was talking about are. These are all the floors at the Graue Mill and all of my feild trip.

That was the best field trip in fourth grade and I hope you get to go to.

Article posted October 2, 2009 at 07:16 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

Quote: "You can't unscramble eggs." -John Peirpoint

My response: I think that John Peirpoint is saying that if you do something wrong or say something wrong you can't take it back but you can try to by saying sorry.

Article posted September 25, 2009 at 08:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 42

Honus and Me was so good. It was about a boy named Joe Stoshack who goes to clean out his ninety year old neighbor Amanda Young's attic on a typical day. When he was taking out boxes, a bunch of marbles fell out of one of the boxes. What do you think fell out of the box last, but a Honus Wagner card. I forgot to mention that Joe collects baseball cards. Not just new ones but old ones too. Whenever he touches certain cards he gets this strange feeling in his fingers like a tingling sensation. Guess what that exact baseball card had? Just the thing that I had described. The tingling sensation.

Honus Wagner was an old time baseball player from 1903. At that time there were baseball cards in cigar packets and the cigar company printed them out. Honus didn't want his picture in the cigar box, because he didn't smoke, so they stopped printing his cards, but there were already four already printed. So that Honus Wagner card was special. Real special. Million dollars worth of special. Literally, it was a million dollars. But to find out what Joe does with it is a surprise until you read it. So do it quickly!