Copyright (c) 2014 by K Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
K -- Blogmeister

2009-2010

by K

teacher: Mr. Edwards

Title: Honus and Me (09/23/09)
Description: Our class just finished reading Honus and me by Dan Gutman. Check out their reviews for the book. Does this sound like a book you might like?

Honus and Me takes you to another world, that is why I enjoyed reading this book so much.  Joe Stoshack loves  collecting baseball cards.  Joe has a very interesting story story to tell you.  Once you start reading Honus and Me you won't ever want to put the book down until the end.  Joe Stoshack will make you tingle to read Honus and Me.

I liked this book because it took me on a big adventure right when you start reading.  Honus is like the number 1 baseball player of all time.  The author is great at writing all sorts  of books.  If I could rate this book 1-10 it would be 10 because the author never wants you to put the book down.  He is looking for you to go to another world that is in the book.  Honus and Me is on my top 5 by far.

Emily Charen

By Emily Charen

Honus and me is about a boy who likes baseball an plays baseball too. He also collects baseball cards. Then one day he is cleaning out an attic and comes upon a baseball card that is worth a half a million dollars. THat baseball card is not only worth a half a million dollars but also brings an unforgettable experience to his life... But, you'll just have to read the book yourself to find out.

I would definitely recommend this book to baseball lovers. But even if you aren't a baseball lover I would still probably still recommend this book to you. I liked this book to you because it's mostly about the adventure that this baseball card brings him. I am not a baseball lover but I still liked this book and I think you will to!

Our class just read a fabulous book called Honus and Me (it is by Dan Gutman). It tells the story of a boy who discovers a valuable baseball card while cleaning out a neighbor's attic. The boy, Joe, faces a tough decision and then-- well, he just can't believe his eyes! To find out more, you must read Honus and Me!!

I would recommend this book to everyone who enjoys reading an exciting, suspenseful story. It is fun to read because you get to know a real baseball player better. Also, there is a valuable lesson included. Finally, there is a bit of everything-- suspense, magic, history and friendship being some. Even if you aren't a baseball fan, I think you would still enjoy Honus and Me!

He was cleaning somone attic and he found a card and kept it but he had to throw the garbage out but he did not put it in the garbage so he kept the card. When he went to sleep he sigh the when he woke up . What I like about the story at the end I like that is when Amanda Young came out with a gun she said to drop what you two are fighting about and he drop the card and she said to bring the card to me and tore the card up to peice.

Article posted September 25, 2009 at 08:02 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 88

Honus and Me was so good. It was about a boy named Joe Stoshack who goes to clean out his ninety year old neighbor Amanda Young's attic on a typical day. When he was taking out boxes, a bunch of marbles fell out of one of the boxes. What do you think fell out of the box last, but a Honus Wagner card. I forgot to mention that Joe collects baseball cards. Not just new ones but old ones too. Whenever he touches certain cards he gets this strange feeling in his fingers like a tingling sensation. Guess what that exact baseball card had? Just the thing that I had described. The tingling sensation.

Honus Wagner was an old time baseball player from 1903. At that time there were baseball cards in cigar packets and the cigar company printed them out. Honus didn't want his picture in the cigar box, because he didn't smoke, so they stopped printing his cards, but there were already four already printed. So that Honus Wagner card was special. Real special. Million dollars worth of special. Literally, it was a million dollars. But to find out what Joe does with it is a surprise until you read it. So do it quickly!

Article posted September 25, 2009 at 08:07 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 76

This book was about a boy how wishes he could meet Honus Wagner, a famous ball player. Then,like magic, Honus ends up in his room! I thought I would not like this book because it was about baseball. I ended up LOVING it. do not judge a book by it's cover.

I liked this book because it had a lot of action. I also liked when he went back in time. Honus seems like such a nice guy, it's a shame he's dead. I hope you read this book. You will love it!

I like the book honus and me because is a very good story about baseball and adventure. In the story there is a boy named joe stoshack (stosh). (Stosh) is a baseball card collector,he finds a Honus Wagner baseball while he was cleaning an attic for a kind old woman named Mrs. Young. Mrs. Young knew Honus Wagner. Honus's baseball card is worth half a million dollars today. Birdie is a baseball card collector too and owns his own baseball card shop. Birdie try to steal (Stosh's) Honus Wagner baseball card. birdie was a wrestler and he wrestled (Stosh) and got the Wagner card. then Mrs. Young the old lady steps out side with a shotgun and pointed it at birdie's head. She said drop the card. She loved Honus so she cries and rips the card. (Stosh) can travle through time and tells Mrs. Young that he can take her to see Honus. Mrs. young held Stosh's hand and she went back in time where she met Honus and married him.

Their was a boy. He was very poor. he was cleaning out an old person's attic. He discovered a Honus Wagner baseball card. It was worth half a million dollars! If you want to know what happens next something magical happens! you need to read the book to find out what happens that's magical.

We just finshed houns and me this book was about a boy how found a baseball card that was wroth a millon dollars. At the being of the story he found a basball card and since then weird things are happing.

I liked this story because it had a lot of adenture and exting things. That is why i liked Houns and me.