Copyright (c) 2014 by Mrs. S Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mrs. S -- Blogmeister

Mrs. Shulman's Blog

Mrs. Shulman

We are a class of second graders! There are so many things that bloggers can do: write articles; type things you've written on paper; send comments to give people ideas, make connections, or give compliments; look at the ClustrMap and see where our visitors come from; read comments people have made on our blogs; read Mrs. Shulman's articles; look at the bookshelf; visit different links like Dance Mat Typing and Free Rice; and visit blogs from other classes around the world. Have fun blogging!

by Mrs. S

teacher: Mrs. Shulman

Article posted June 8, 2009 at 04:20 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 229

I was so excited when my sister Ms. Schneider came to visit us at school on Thursday! I had a lot of fun showing her the different things we're learning, and I loved the stories she read at the end of the day. She is going to college in St. Louis, Missouri, so she cannot visit us often, but I love when she's in town and can stop by. What did you think about Ms. Schneider's visit? What did you like most? Did you have any questions you wanted to ask, or things you wanted to say? I know she'll be checking our blog and would love to leave comments!

Article posted April 22, 2009 at 08:48 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 95

I read an interesting quote today.

"Knowledge is like money: to be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value."

Louis L'Amour

What do you think the quote means? I want to hear what you think, and I'll share my thoughts later.

I like eating donuts for a treat every once in a while. My favorite donuts are plain with a sweet chocolate glaze and many different colors of long sprinkles on top. I like to pull a piece of the donut off with my fingers and eat the small piece. The donut tastes chocolatey and sweet, and the sprinkles crunch between my teeth. Then I lick the chocolate off of my fingers and pull off another small piece. When I pull off the pieces of donut I see that the chocolate frosting cracks a little, which makes me think that the frosting must be soft when it is put on the donut and then it hardens a little bit. When I am finished eating the donut I pick up all of the tiny, colorful sprinkles that fell onto my plate and eat them too. Yum!

Bibidee bop, bibidee bee,

There is a snookerdoo on your knee

A creature with long, purple hair

flowing here, there, and everywhere.

Eight arms, going this way and that.

Be careful or he just may snatch your hat!

Green and fuzzy, its four long legs are

It can walk here or there, always very far!

Off of your knee, the snookerdoo jumps,

running off to the forest to see its family in the treestumps.

(I wrote this poem after reading rhymes by Dr. Seuss with one of our reading groups.)

One, two

buckle my shoe.

Three, four, five

get in my car for a drive.

Drive really far to find street number six,

to watch the soccer game and all of the kicks.

Seven, eight,

lots of goals made by Kate.

Nine, ten

back to my house again.

Oh me, oh my, it's so hard to wait

for another game because this one was so great!

Article posted February 1, 2009 at 05:22 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 94

Today I went to a technology conference organized by NICE (Northern Illinois Computing Educators). I learned more about blogs, wikis, digital storytelling, Comic Life (taught by Mrs. Epcke), and more, by attending different sessions. I am so excited to try using some of the new things I learned!

Yesterday I worked with a lot of people to make fleece blankets for Project Linus.  Project Linus brings the blankets to kids who are sick, so they can snuggle and feel better.  It felt really good to do something nice for other people, and I hope I can do it again soon!

Article posted January 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 69

I really liked the book Unstoppable Me! by Dr. Wayne W. Dyer that we read in KidSmarts this week. When we talked about Voice Threads before winter break, many of you were nervous or anxious about trying it out. But today we welcomed the unknown, and enjoyed the Voice Thread adventure. It was so fun to see all of you typing your poems and reading them into your Voice Threads! Then, after we worked on our Voice Threads this morning, I had some trouble figuring out how to put them on our blogs. But don't worry. Mrs. Epcke and I really want to see the Voice Threads on our blogs, and we're going to be persistant. Dr. Dyer says persistance means that you work really hard and don't give up.

It was very interesting to me that I was able to take what I read in a book and make connections to things that happen to me during the day. Have any of you made connections to Unstoppable Me! this week? You can comment here or write an article about it on your own blog.

Article posted January 7, 2009 at 04:40 AM GMT0 • comment (8) • Reads 76

I decided to make a separate blog page for myself today. It is so much fun to see everyone blogging - sharing thoughts and ideas, writing poetry and stories, sharing fun things about family and friends, and so much more. I wanted a place where I could share my ideas too! I'll still use the class blog to write things that everyone needs to read, but I'll share some special things here. I know I'm going to love having my own blog. I can't wait for blogging time tomorrow!

I am Mrs. Shulman. I teach this wonderful group of second graders, and am so glad to be learning with them each day!