Conditions of Use
Halloween and la Castanyada
Susanna V and Clàudia L
I always say
and with the witch
I always play.
Solution: The cat.
a- Things that are similar.
· We celebrate both festival the same day.
· The characters are food.
b- Things that are different.
· On Halloween people eat sweets, but on Castanyada eat chestnuts.
· On Halloween the most important character is a jack o’lantern and on Castanyada the most important character are chestnuts.
· On Halloween people decorate their house with a jack o’lantern, ghost, esqueletons, bats, spider… but on la Castanyada people don’t decorate their house.
· People celebrate Halloweenin Ireland, British Isles and the USA. And people celebrate Castanyada in Catalonia.
· The origins of Halloween is in Ireland, from the Celtes time.
Article posted November 6, 2008 at 02:46 AM •
comment (1) • Reads 185
see all articles
About the Blogger
My name's Clàudia L. I'm 12 years old.I live in la Garriga but I'm from Barcelona.
I have got 1 brother and 1 sister.
I like History and English.
Latest 10 Comments: