Copyright (c) 2014 by HannahM5 Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
HannahM5 -- Blogmeister

-

Image by FlamingText.com
Image by FlamingText.com

by HannahM5 teacher: Mrs. Markwart

Racism. It's a cruel thing, but it happens everywhere! Even though Martin Luther King and president Obama said powerful messages about stopping racism, it's still happening! But it can stop, if everyone has the determination like Ernie did on the movie the Express!! My class and I watched a movie called the Express, it was all about a boy named Ernie Davis. Ernie lived with a poor foster family. His mom came one day and told him she as taking him back. When he moved he started to play football, he got pushed around so much on the field, but he stayed in the game!! These four messages stood out to me the most, they are: Stand up for yourself, this is really important to me because I really believe in it!! In the start of his football year his coach made really bad racist comments to all three of the nigro people on the team, especially Ernie!! No one should be able to say those kind of things to anyone!! Ernie also believed in himself, he got thrown around a lot and everyone punched him but he stayed in the game because he had courage to stay in the game!! The third message is confidence, Ernie had the confidence to guide his team to the Cotton Bowl and he played in the all America game! The fourth is inspiration, Ernie couldn't play football no more because of locemia, but a lot of kids still came up to him and asked for his autograph because he is a inspiration to them!! Ernie was a grateful person even though he had some bumps along the way, but he didn't let those bumps bring him down!!

S- HannahM5

Article posted March 17, 2009 at 02:34 PM • comment • Reads 94 • see all articles