Copyright (c) 2014 by Mariona Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Mariona -- Blogmeister

Caldes de Montbui

A group of Catalan students went to Pornainen (Finland) in May. Students from Finland are coming to visit Caldes de Montbui next March. This site is thought for exchanging information between both classes and make this project the most effective and interesting as possible.

by Mariona

teacher: Dolors Permanyer

our voice 01/02
Around Helsinki 11/19
New bloggers 11/17
Travelling by plane 11/04

Title: Around Helsinki (11/19/07)
Description: You know that Helsinki is the capital of Finland. It is a beautiful city in the south of the country with some interesting sights to see, for instance the monument of Sibelius, a very popular finnish composer in the XX century.

TO MY SPANISH STUDENTS

Answer the questions of this treasure hunt about Helsinki. You can write the answers on a word document and then rewrite them in your article.

TO MY FINNISH STUDENTS

Read the questions of the treasure hunt about Helsinki and see if you can help the Catalan students. You may know some of the answers!!
You might also think that some important information is missing in this questionnaire. If that is the case please tell us more about Helsinki in your blog!!
thank you!!

You know that Helsinki is the capital of Finland.

http://wizard.4teachers.org/imgFileWizard/43506.jpg

It is a beautiful city in the south of the country with some interesting sights to see, for instance the monument of Sibelius, a very popular finnish composer in the XX century.

TO MY SPANISH STUDENTS

TO THE FINNISH STUDENTS

thank you!!

Article posted December 3, 2007 at 09:52 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 240

After two weeks doing this work finally I finished!

Now I know many things about Helsinki:

In Helsinki live 560.000 people.

In Helsinki there are many hostels to go to spend one night. The name of some hostels are:

-Academica Summer Hostel

-Best Western Hotel Haaga

-Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka

-Crowne Plaza Helsinki

-Cumulus Kaisaniemi

In Helsinki there are many interesting CULTURAL sights for example these museums:

.Bank of Finland Museum

.Didrichsen Art Museum

.Finnish Museum of Natural HistoryFinnish

.Museum of Natural History

.Botanical Museum

I think the museum of Natural History is very interesting and I research some information for this museum:

The price of the entrance is 4.20 for adults; 3,2 euros for retired or unemployed people; 2,2 euros for groups (min. 10 persons);

children 7-17 years and students. Children under 7 years have free entrance

In Summer the museum is open 7-20 from Monday to Friday, and 9-20 on Saturdays and Sundays.

In winter the museum is open 7-20 from Monday to Friday,and 9-17 on Saturdays and Sundays.

During all year you can do many activitis for exemple: in winter you can practice ski, and in sumer you can ride a bike.

If you don't want to get lost in Helsinki you need a map!

map of Helsinki

Now you can have a fantastic day in Helsinki!!

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 167

In Finland's capital there live half million people.

Three big towns near Helsinki are Vantaa, Espoo and Turku.

In Helsinki we can go to many hostels, for example:

Hostel Stadion, Hostel Satakuntatalo, Hostel Viaporin Visiitti, Hostel Eurohostel and Hostel Mekka.

Three of Helsinki muesums are: The Finnish Museum of Photography. The opening hours are Mon-Fri 9:00-15:00 and the Guided tours cost 55 euros on weekdays, and 68 euros on Saturdays and holidays. Tours for school groups cost 36 euros (children under 18).

Another museum is Athenium Art Museum it's open mon-sat 10:00-19:00. The price is 35 euros for person.

The e-mail adress is: nfo@wadsworthatheneum.org

The last one is Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma

its openninig tue-sat and the price is 45 euros.

You can have more information in: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma (Nykytaiteen Museum.

One atraction park of Helsinki is: Helsinki zoo, S

SEA LIFE HELSINKI, for more information here is an e-mail:info@sealife.fi.

Some winter activities that we could do in Helsinki is snowboarding, skiing and ice skating.

Some summer activities are: go to the beach, surfing and sailing.

Sibelius is an interesting monument in Finland.

Suomenlinna is a major monument of military architecture.

It is localitzed on the islands just off Helsinki.

Other sihgts that we can go are: the zoo, the atraction park, the contemporany museum and a café.

The Beautiful Canal Route is the most spectacular sea route around Helsinki,this route can be seen only on board the vessels of Sun Lines.The prices are: 18 euros for alduts, 8 euros for children (5-12 years), 38 euros for all the family.

The timetable is: May 1st and 8th-30th 11:00, 13:00, 15:00. May 31st Sep 7th 10:30 11:30 12:30 13:;30 14:30 15:30 16:30 17:30 and 18:30

Here is a web to move around Helsinki:

[LINK]

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:28 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 269

In Helsinki live 56.000 persons. The 3 biggest towns near Helsinki are Espoo, Vanda and Kerava.

Some good hostels in Helsinki are :

* Academic Summer Hostel

PRICES: - Single 38€

- Twin 55 €

- Tripple 69 €

- bedded 88 €

*Eurohostel>

- Single room 40.20

- Twin room 24.10

- Triple room 24.10

- Extra bed 14.20

*Best Western Hotel Haaga>

- Room 1 p ( single) 126 €

- Room 2 p ( twin/ double) 154 €

- Room 3 p ( triple)169 €

- Suite 285 €

- Apartamentos 205 €

*Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka

*Crowne Plaza Helsinki

Also you can visit many interestings museums like:

*Finnish Museum of Natural History, Geological Museum :adults= 4.50 euros children= 2.50

- Mondays: closed

- Tuesday-Friday: 11-17 (11 am - 5 pm)

- Saturday-Sunday: 11-16 (11 am - 4 pm)

*Finnish Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum

*Finnish Museum of Natural History

*Didrichsen Art Museum

*Bank of Finland Museum

But you don't want visit museums, you can go to atractions children and family like:

*SEA LIFE Helsinki> Science and education / Zoos and animal parks / Amusement and theme parks / Children and family attractions

*Helsinki Expert Sightseeing> 25 € adults

15 € children (7-16 yrs)

History and heritage / Churches and settlements / Children and family attractions

In winter you can do activitis like:

ICE POOL SWIMMING - COLD ADVENTURE IN HELSINKI

In summer also you can do activities:

HELSINKI SIGHTSEEING - BEAUTIFUL CANAL ROUTE

Also there are very beutifuls monuments like:

Johan Julius Christian "Jean".His music played an important role in the formation of the Finnish national identity; Suomenlinna or Viapori (Finnish), is an inhabited sea fortress built on six islands, today within Helsinki, the capital of Finland; The Old Church and the adjacent cemetery; Havis Amanda Fountain by Ville Vallgren (1908); Flowers, statue of Tsar Alexander, and the Cathedral or Monument to Field Marshal C.G.E. Mannerheim (1867-1951).

But if you want do a tour, the best form is in bus:

Real Adventure on a genuine London double decker bus- Sightseeing

LondonBus Transport Ltd

Espoo, Finland

Tel. +358 40 511 3122

info@londonbustransport.com

You can look a Helsinki's map in this web:

[LINK]

Also you can go from Helsinki to airport in bus:

You cacht the bus in the Railway Station.

Airport travel time 35'and it leaves every 20 minutes.

Article posted November 26, 2007 at 09:58 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 180

In helsinki there live 560000 people . There are many hostels, for example: cademica

Summer Hostel, Best Western Hotel Haaga, Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka, Crowne Plaza Helsinki, Cumulus Kaisaniemi...

Entertaiments:

MUSEUMS:

Bank of Finland Museum, Didrichsen Art Museum, Finnish Museum of Natural History , Botanical Museum, Geological Museum.

The more interesanting is Bank of Finland Museum

the price of the entrance: Admission free.

an email to obtain more information: rahamuseo@bof.fi

the opening hours: he Bank of Finland Museum is generally open Tuesday to Friday 11.00-17.00 and Saturday to Sunday 11.00-16.00. Closed on Mondays.

CHILDREN AND FAMILY ATRACTIONS:

Helsinki Expert Sightseeing and SEA LIFE Helsinki

Helsinki expert (more information)

25 € adults

15 € children (7-16 yrs)

Children under 7 years free of charge without own seat.

Contact us: helsinkiexpert@helsinkiexpert.fi

WINTER ACTIVITIES:

Nordic walking:

25 € adults (min.2 persons)

15 € children

(7-16 yrs; together with two paying adults)

Season:09.01.2006 - 25.11.2006

Tour days: Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Timetable: 14:30

Duration: 2 hours

Departure: Nordic Fitness Sports Park Helsinki

Commentary: Finnish and English

SUMMER ACTIVITIES:

Baloon trip

The price of a one hour balloon flight remains at 179 euros per person. When booking for two or more persons, the price is 168 euros per person. Winter flights in Lapland have special prices.

Aerohot hot-air balloon flights

Tel. +358 9 272 8277 and +358 400 937 778

hartmann@aerohot.fi

___________________________________________________

Jean Sibelius is a monument of a popular composer.

Suomenlinna is a major monument of military architecture. Is located in Helsinki. Its build for Swedden.

An other sights: Gardenia, helsinki zoo, botanical garden and the City Winter Garden

TOURS IN HELSINKI

Helsinki card

24 hours 33 € 11 €

48 hours 43 € 14 €

72 hours 53 € 17 €

Interesanting tours:

Savonlinna opera festival, Santa Claus safari in Lapland (winter), medieval tallinn, imperial St. Petersburg by train.

MAP OF HELSINKI

[LINK]

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:31 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 282

In Helsinki live 560.000 people and the nearest cities are turku, Loviisa and Kotka.

I found these hostels:

-Radisson SAS Royal Hotel

-Scandic Marski Helsinki

-Hotel Linna

-Hotel GLO

-Scandic Continental Helsinki:the price is 95 euros pernight.Is in the center of Helsinki.

I found these museums:

-Helsinki city art museum.

-Bank of Finland Museum.

-Finnish Museum Of Natural History:

.The price of Adults is 4,2 euros.

.The price of Retired persons,unemployed persons and groups (min. 10 persons) is 3,2 euros.

.The price of children 7-17 years, students, conscripts and employees of the University of Helsinki is 2,2 euros

.The price of Children under 7 years, kindergardens, group leaders,press, assistants for disabled persons, Finnish veterans and students of Helsinki University is free entrance.

.The price of Personal season ticket (valid for 12 months)is 20 euros.

The opening hours in summer of garden gates are:

.Monday-Friday 7-20 (7 am - 8 pm)

.Saturday-Sunday 9-20 (9 am - 8 pm)

I found this atraccions of Helinki:

-Helsinki Zoo

-SEA LIFE Helsinki

I found this winter activities: ski, snowshoe walking and husky safari.

I found this summer activities: bicycling, sailing, boating, hiking nad horse-riding.

A monument of Jean Sibelius is the name of famous composer in Finland

Suomelinna is an inhabited sea fortress built on six islands.

I found other interesting sights to visit. For example the Museum of Cultures, The Cygnaeus Gallery, Linnanmäki Amusement Park and The City Winter Garden.

I would take a boat called Sun Lines.This boat trought Finland and show the most interesting places in Helsinki. The tour's duration is 1 hour and 30 minuts. The prices for adults are 18 euros, for children (5-12 years old) are 8 euros and for all the family are 38 euros.

map of helsinki

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 10:55 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 188

Helsinki

560.000 people live in Helsinki. The 3 biggest towns near it are Espoo, Vantaa and Kauniainen.

When you go to Helsinki, you can choose among some hotels:

-Cumulus Olympia Hotel, is located in a quiet area in the north of Helsinki

-Hotel Arthur, is located close to the Railwaystation in the very heart of Helsinki.

-Park Kapyla Hotel, is located in a historical area of Helsinki.

-Olympia Hotel, is located in a residential area of Helsinki in Lantinen Brahenkatu street.

-Sokos Pasila Hotel, is in Maistraatinportti 3 street.

And you can visit some museums:

National Museum.

The price of the entrance:

6,00 euros / 4,00 euros,

entry is free for those under 18 years old.

Also, you can go to a atraccion park:

Tropiclandia, there are spa, sauna, restaurants, waterpark...

The price is 5 euros for children 5-15 years

the park is open at

Mon - Sat 10am - 9pm

Sun 10am - 8pm

In the winter we can go to visit some towns because there were covered with snow streets,

and the summer we can go fishing in the rivers.

Suomenlinna is an inhabited sea fortress built on six island. As a measure of protection against the expansionism of Imperial Russia.

We can go on board for a sunny summer cruise.

The price is for children 8 E

This is the Helsinki map :

Helsinki map />

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:31 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 297

Helsinki is Finland's capital. In Helsinki there live 560.000 people. Jyvaskyla, Turku and Tampere are other important cities near Helsinki.

In Helsinki there are many hotels:

- Best Western Hotel Haaga Nuijamiestentie 10 , 00320 Helsinki

-Best Western Premier Hotel Katajanokka

Linnankuja 5 , 00160 Helsinki

-Helsinki Expert Hotelbooking

Rautatieasema , 00100 Helsinki

-Holiday Inn Helsinki City Centre

Elielinaukio 5 , 00100 Helsinki

-Hilton Helsinki Kalastajatorppa

Kalastajatorpantie 1 , 00330 Helsinki

In Helsinki there are many museums:

-Finnish Museum of Natural History, Botanical Museum

Unioninkatu 40 , 00170 Helsinki

-Finnish National Gallery, Ateneum Art Museum

Kaivokatu 2 , 00100 Helsinki

-Helsinki City Museum, Museum of Worker Housing

Kirstinkuja 4 , 00099 Helsinki

-Bank of Finland Museum

Snellmaninkatu 2 , 00170 Helsinki

Finish museum natural History is in Helsinki. In this museum there are many activities raled zoological, botanical, geological and paleontological.

If you want to go to Helsinki with children and do some activities you can go to SEA LIFE, a park in Helsinki or you can go to Helsinki zoo.

Activities

Some winter activities are ski or Husky safari.

Some summer activities are horse-riding, boating or canoeing.

The fortress of Suomenlinna is World Heritage.

Suomenlinna is just a 15-minute ferry trip from Helsinki’s Market Square. The fortress was built IN 1748

The other sites for visiting are Cathedral Crypt in Helsinki, Helsinki Expert Sightseeing, Parliament House or Helsinki Card.

The Beautiful Canal Route is the most spectacular sea route around Helsinki. The prices are 18€ FOR adults, 8€ FOR children and family ticket IS 38€. Between 1st to 30th of May and 8th to 30th of September you can sail. The route takes about 1 hour 30 minuts.

Map of Helsinki:

[LINK]

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:30 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 149

Finland has got 285.682 inhabitants.

The biggest towns next to Helsinki are Turku, Rauma and Kristinestad.

Some good hostels are:

1. Crowne Plaza Helsinki

Mannerheimintie 50, Helsinki

medium price: 208€ for person.

email: helsinki.cph@restel.fi

2. Radisson SAS Hotel Espoo

Mikonkatu 23, Helsinki 00100

medium price: 169€

291 rooms

www.radissonsas.com

3. SOKOS HOTEL HELSINKI is situated on the corner of Yliopistonkatu and Kluuvikatu. Our reception is on the Kluuvikatu side. 202 rooms, majority of which no smoking, some with own sauna.

4. SOKOS HOTEL PASILA - The diversified services on offer at Sokos Hotel Pasila include, in addition to accommodation, a wide range of conference, restaurant and additional services. 178 rooms, including 94 non-smoking. 15 km to the airport.

5. CUMULUS OLYMPIA HOTEL - there are 99 rooms in the hotel, 47 Single rooms, 47 Double rooms, 3 Family rooms, 2 Suites, 99 rooms with shower, extra beds, baby cot for 0-2 years, 47 rooms for non-smokers, 12 rooms for the allergic

The most interesting museums are:

1. National Museum of Finland (Kansallismuseo), Mannerheimintie 34, [15]. Tue-Wed 11AM-8PM, Thu-Sun 11AM-6PM, Mondays closed.Admission €6 / €4, free admission for visitors under 18. Tuesdays 5:30PM-8PM free admission.

The activities in winter can be cross-country, go skiing, go fishing, go husky safari..

In Finland, in summer,we can go horse-riding, visit nature, go canoeing, go rowing, go boat traffic..

The suomenlinna is a popular monument, it is a castle. It is an inhabited sea fortress built on six islands, today within Helsinki, the capital of Finland.

Other tourist interests are nature attractions, water parks, spas, zoos, animal parks,craft centres and special shops.

For me the most interesting tour is the baltic sea. We can visit the beautiful canal route because it is an espectacular route around Helsinki.

You can hear about the route in Spanish. The cruise lasts 1.5 hours. It costs 18 euros(adults) 8 euros(children) and 38 euros (Family ticket)

The differents URL of the map the Helsinki are:

map of Helsinki 1

http://www.informagiovani-italia.com/mappa_helsinki.GIF

We can we go from Helsinki to Wantaa airport by bus.

We buy a travel card to travel in Helsinki by bus.

The routes are drawn and the timetables set by HKL, but operated by independent companies.

Most lines are operated between 5:30 and 23:45, the most popular between 5:30 and 1:30. Nighttime lines which operate only from 23:45 to 1:30 (and sometimes early morning) are signified by letter N. Lines 01N-09N operate from 2:00 to 5:00 but only on Friday-Saturday and Saturday-Sunday nights.

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 11:29 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 520

Helsinki is the capital of Finland, there are 560.000 people,the 3 bisggest towns near it are Espoo, Vannta and Kauniainen.

When you go to finland you can go to some hotels:

-Hotel Kämp its in the heart of Helsinki across from Esplanade Park and next to boutique shopping.

-Sokos Torni Hotel Helsinki

- Holiday inn Helsinki

-Hotel Anna

-Cumulus Airport Hotel

In Finland there are some museums for example:

The Finnish Museum of Photography :

Exhibitions: Tues-Sun 11-18

Information services & Library: Wed-Fri 10-16

Entrance fees:

Adults 6€

Pensioners, unemployed, students, conscripts 4€

Under 18´s free.

Also you can go to atracction parks:

Serena park

The water park is open on holidays every day from 11 to 20, and during regular weekends on Friday 17-21, Saturday and Sunday 11-20. The outdoor areas are open during summer season

Water park ticket prices

All-day pass 19 €

Evening pass 15 € (valid from 16:00 to 20:00)

Prices from 1.6.2008 onwards 20 € / 16 €

Children under 4 years free of charge.

Group discount -10% for groups of 10 or more.

In winter we can do some activities, Cross-Country-Skiing, is a winter sport popular in many countries.

In summer you can fishing in the river.

One popular composer has a monument. He is Sibelius.

Soumelina is a major monument of military architecture,is one of Finland’s most popular tourist attractions. At the same time it is a suburb of Helsinki, with 850 people living in the renovated ramparts and barracks. It was build on six islands.

To visit the most interesting places in helsinki you can go by boat.

adults-18e children-8e family tickets-38e

map of Helsinki

We can go from Helsinki to the Airport by bus.

The price is 5'20€ per person.

The buses go to the Airport every 20 minutes.

Article posted November 20, 2007 at 10:59 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 134

Helsinki is the capital of Finland, in this capital there are 560.000 people, near to this town there are Vantaa, Espoo and Kauniainen towns.

In Helsinki the hotels are very good, for examble there are some hotels:

Hotel arthur (155€), Park Hotel Kapyla Helsinki- (144 €), Eurohostel Helsinki (90 €),Hotel rantapuisto (112 €)

When you are in the capital, go to the museums, are a very interessant visit. Some museus in helisnki are:

Athenium Art Museum.Kiasma, Museum of Contemporary Art,Amos Anderson,Didrichsen Art Museum and Helsinki City Art Museum.

if you have children you can do activities for all the family that are interesting for all, for example; Helsinki zoo is a good place for children and SEA LIFE Helsinki too. I would like to visit Helsini winter garden, for more information:

e-mail: rakennusvirasto@hkr.hel.fi.

Helsinki can be visited all the year, in winter and summer, also, for every time there are activities of all kinds, some activities in winter are sky,sSpa/health/fitness, and in summer are cycling and Golf.

About the culture for this town there are Soumelinna, this monument is an inhabited sea fortress built on six siland, today within Helsinki. The other sights are Romehielos sampo, Rovaniemi, Laponia, Lago Päolänne and the monument of a popular composer, Sibelius.

If you want to see Helsinki enter in this page:

map of Helsinki

We can do one tour by bus. We can read more infomration on this web

the map of tour in Helsinki

To go to Helinki you can go from Helsinki to aeroport by bus, the trip lasts 35 minuts and it leaves every 20 minuts.

Article posted December 2, 2007 at 04:16 PM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 169

In Helsinki live 56.000 people an the name of the three biggest towns near it are Turku Salo and Kotha.

The name of 5 hostels in Helsinki are :

Eurohostel Helsinki 90 €

Rantapuisto Hotel Helsinki 112 €

Hotel Kämp Helsinki 352 €

Hotel Arthur 144 €

Ramada Airport Hotel 148 €

The name of five museums in helsinki are:

Didrichsen Art Museum

Athenium Art Museum

Kiasma, Museum of Contemporary Art

Maritime Museum

Amos Anderson

Art Museum

Address: Kuusilahdenkuja 1

00340 Helsinki

Phone: +358-9-4778 330

Fax: +358-9-489 167

E-mail: office@didrichsenmuseum.fi

Contact persons

Media

Open Wed Sat Sun 11 am – 5 pm

Tickets: 7 € / 5 € / 2 €

Groups 4 € / person (min. 10 persons)

Over 75 and under 7 years Free entrance

Buses 194, 195 from Elielinaukio/platform 25 and 503-506.

The name of the two children and family attractions are:

SEA LIFE Helsinki

Tivolitie 10 , 00510 Helsinki

t. +358 9 7739 9304

info@sealife.fi

SEA LIFE is open all year around.

Heureka Science Centre

Tiedepuisto 1, Tikkurila , 01300 Vantaa

t. +358 9 85 799 f. +358 9 873 4142

info@heureka.fi

The name of a winter activity I find interesting to do in Helsinki is Motor sports

and a summer activity I would like to do is river rafting.

Jean Sibelius is a popular composer who has a monument in Helsinki

Suomenlinna or Viapori, or Sveaborg, is an inhabited sea fortress built on six islands, today within Helsinki, the capital of Finland. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site and popular with both tourists and locals, who enjoy it as a picturesque picnic site.

The name of four other sights are:

Helsinki Ice Park,St Thomas Christmas market,

Bank of Finland Museum,Finnish Museum of Natural History and the Botanical Museum

If I want to go on a tour to see the most interesting places in Helsinki I can go by boat.

The prices are 18€ for an adult

Map of helsinki

I can go from helsinki to Vantaa airport with City buses 415, 451, 615 and bus 519 from Itäkeskus I can also take the Finnair City Bus from downtown Helsinki to the airport.

The timetables are in the page:see the timetables