Copyright (c) 2014 by alfalfa Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
alfalfa -- Blogmeister

-

Study Skills Stories book now on sale -> Support independent publishing: Buy this book on Lulu.

If we are not prepared be to wrong, we will never come up with anything original. Sir Ken Robinson

by alfalfa teacher: 7th grade & Ms.Durff
Soccer 05/23/08
example 05/22/08
Coolness 05/21/08
haunted 05/19/08
Los Angeles Galaxy 05/07/08
Blogger of the Month 05/02/08
videos 05/09/08
bible and science 04/09/08
darfur is dying 03/26/08
jeremy camp response 03/28/08

Do you know what is cool? what's cool is that school is almost homework that means no more homework, etc.

There is one and a half days of school left.

Tomorrow, the Junior High and Highschool have college day and then Friday is a half day and the last day of school.

College day is a day that you where a college tee-shirt and dress down. We sit and listen to seminares. Then we have pizza, there is a game show that is about the seminares, and there is a baketball game that people can participate in.

This is my first year of college day, but I have heard many stories about college day from my brothers that are in Highschool. It sounds cool, except having to sit around and listen to the seminares that will probably take a long time.

Tonight, I went to see the seniors graduate, and when it was ALMOST over people started walking out. I guess they just didn't want to see the rest or they are just plain rude!

A look at the MLS standings reveals the Los Angeles Galaxy are sitting in third place in the Western Conference with two wins, two losses and two ties on the season.

For the blogger of the month i have to vote for three people. For 1st, ravens24. 2nd, Mirda. 3rd,sushiluver.

Article posted May 9, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 42

Article posted April 9, 2008 at 09:00 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 48

Bible:

In Bible we are learning about king solomon asking for wisdom and what he did when he was the king.

Science:

In science we are learning about the living and non-living in an ecosystem. We are also learning about the water cycle.

I have the same teacher for science as i do for Bible. He is cool.

Technorati Tags:

Article posted March 26, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 33

Darfur is Dying was a game that my whole class played. The best character is the smallest person,which I have no idea what the kid's name is because i am not used to those names. The smallest kid is the best person is the smallest one because he/she is very fast.

Technorati Tags:

Article posted March 28, 2008 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

I asked someone if they liked the jeremy camp music video. She said she really liked it and it was one of her favorite songs. I did like it too. I wasn't my favorite song. I have heard many other GREAT songs that he sings.if you want to search some of your favorite christian songs you can go to www.godtube.com.

Technorati Tags:

Good Passwords are very important!! They are important because if you don't people could hack into your account.

A password I would use would be solargeek828.

a href="http://www.utexas.edu/its/secure/articles/keep_safe_with_strong_passwords.php">strong password

Technorati Tags:

Article posted April 1, 2008 at 08:43 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 36

1) At lunchtime, sit in your parked car and point a hair dryer at passing cars to see if they slow down.

2) Page yourself over the intercom. (Don't disguise your voice.)

3) Insist that your e mail address be:'xena-goddess-of-fire@companyname.com' or 'Elvis-the-king@companyname.com'

4) Every time someone asks you to do something, ask if they want fries with that.

5) Encourage your colleagues to join you in a little synchronised chair dancing

6) Put your waste bin on your desk and label it 'IN.'

7) Develop an unnatural fear of staplers.

8) Put decaf in the coffee maker for 3 weeks. Once everyone has gotten over their caffeine addictions, switch to espresso.

9) Reply to everything someone says with a sneering, "That's what you think."

10) Finish all your sentences with "In accordance with the prophecy."

11) Adjust the tint on your monitor so that the brightness level lights up the entire working area. Insist to others that you like it that but #14 way.

12) Don't use any punctuation

13) As often as possible, skip rather than walk.

14) Ask people what sex they are.

15) Specify that your drive through order is "to go."

16) Sing along at the opera.

17) Go to a poetry recital and ask why the poems don't rhyme.

18) Find out where your boss shops and buy exactly the same outfits. Wear them one day after your boss does. (This is especially effective if your boss is the opposite gender.)

19) Send e-mail to the rest of the company to tell them what you're doing. For example: "If anyone needs me, I'll be in the bathroom."

20) Put mosquito netting around your cubicle.

21) Five days in advance, tell your friends you can't attend their,party 'cause you're not in the mood.

22) Leave the photocopier set to reduce 200%, extra dark, 17" paper, 99 copies.

23) If you have a glass eye, tap on it with your pen while talking to others.

24) Insist on keeping your car windscreen wipers running in all weather conditions 'to keep them tuned up'.

25) Highlight irrelevant material in scientific papers and 'cc' them to your boss.

26) Disassemble your pen and 'accidentally' shoot the cartridge across the room.

27) Shout random numbers while someone is counting.

28) Staple papers in the middle of the page.

29) Decline to be seated at a restaurant, and simply eat their complimentary mints by the till.

30) TYPE ONLY IN UPPERCASE or iN a ComBinAtIon of UpPeR and lOWerCAsE ChaRACtErS.

31) Try playing the William Tell Overture (the Lone Ranger theme tune) by tapping on the bottom of your chin or your teeth with a pen or your nails. Just before the end, announce: "No, wait, I messed it up," and repeat again and again.

32) While making presentations, occasionally bob your head like a parakeet.

33) Use the word " like " over and over every 3-4 words. For Example ; ".. and like, he was like - in the car like, and so drunk that like, he couldn't even like get out of it !"

Failure to listen well can cost you your home, your job, or the car of your dream.

In school it can cost you grades and those could cost you your college education.

Authorguy L.J. 1986 "Families" Amercian Sociological Review Magazine, 51,541-554

1. I am doing my report on Australian families.

2. I will use my information to tell others how they live.

3. It sounds like it would be fun to live in Australia.

(Internet) "Notestar : : help : notecard button setup." [LINK] 25 February 2008.

1. Soccer is the most watched and played sport in the world; about 8 billion people enjoy soccer.

2. The intended audiance is people who love soccer.

3. Compared to the other sources I have seen mine is better than some but other people's sources are really good.

4. I am going to use this source for the introduction.

Worksheet Twenty: Research Fact Sheet

Name: JH Date: 2-25-08

Research subject: soccer

Perform a Keyword Search to find an article relating to your research subject.

1. Write the Keyword Search words and choose a logical operator to use in finding the article.

First word: about soccer

AND OR NOT _____________________________________________________________________________

2. Article title: History of soccer before world cup soccer.

3. Read the article. List three facts you learned about your research subject. Write complete sentences.

1.soccer is now the most watched and played sport in the world and is enjoyed by about 8 billion people.

2. The modern form of soccer originated in England in the early 1830's

3. Soccer grew among working-class communities and was seen as a way of keeping entergetic kids out of trouble at home and in school.

4. Bibliography:

History of Soccer -

Before World Cup Soccer

Select the Summary and Source icon for the article you read. Write the source information in Modern Language

Association (MLA) works cited format. _______________________________________________________________

Riddle, Tohby. “The Great Auk.” Blast Off April 2003: 95. SIRS Discoverer. SIRS Discoverer on the Web. Silver

Lakes Middle School Library, North Lauderdale, FL. 10 June 2003 <[LINK]>.

Parts of a Textbook Name: alfalfa

Subject:studyskills.science Date:2/11/08 Period A

Knowing how to find information in your textbook will make your future reading and homework assignments easier. Use specific parts of your textbook to answer the following:

I. Title Page~ Life science

A. What is the title of the book? Life Science

B. Who is the author? Brad R. Bratdorf

C. What are the author’s qualifications? MAEd

D. What is the name of the publisher? BJU Press

E. When was the book published? 2007

II. Preface or Introduction (Page ix to page xiii)

F. What were the author’s reasons for writing the book? to educate young children

II. Table of Contents (This will provide you with an outline of the book.)

(Page ix to page xv)

G. How is this book organized? chapters

H. What are some of the topics this text will cover? plant names~ protien in life substances.

IV. Index (This is an alphabetical listing of topics.)

(Page 251 to page 260)

10. Who are some of the people who will be discussed in this book? Gregor mendel

11. Which topics will you are most interested in studying? pea plants and other stuff

What is Global Warming? Is it True? Al Gore was the first one to bring it onto TV.

Geogropher Jack Williams says that based on new annalasis of climate. forecasting models were heading for major change fast.

With levels of CO2 continueing to rise, this simulation suggests that areas of the world that currently have a tropical climate will be much warmer and drive veggetation and animal life be driven North. Do you believe in Global Warming?

To watch a movie about Global Warming go here

IN science we also have mr. main. And we do a lot of the same stuff in that class. Mr. main ties a lot of stuff to do with the Bible and so does the book we use.

In Bible our teacher is mr. main. Bible is one of my favorite classes besides math. We have a lot of fun in class. We read the bible, play review games and have a lot of conversations that sometimes get off topic.

Mrs. Durrf this is from Adrienne and Justin. We couldn't get the movie to play, so we couldn't take corenell notes and write a blog poste about it. Mrs. Burkett just told us to write the blog post to you saying we couldn't get it to work. Also, sound wasn't workin eather. please write back.

Failure to listen well can cost you your food, your life, or the home of your dream.

In school it can cost you grades and those could cost you your job.

I think it is wrong to laugh at people that are hurt. I think people laugh at people who are hurt to be cool and just to make fun of them. To read the article Hurt

Technorati Tags:

A person who is literate is a person who is educated and able to read and write. It is important to be literate because if you weren't you wouldn't be educated and basically wouldn't know anything. If you want to find the meaning of some words go to merriam webster

Technorati Tags:

1.) Yes, I think blogging is a little bit differant than regular writing on a paper because a lot of other people could see what you write.

2.) the advantage of having a blog is you can write what you like to write about on it. Yes it is good to be reading differant things because you learn more.

To read the questions that I have answered click here

Technorati Tags:

I think the movie had a good point. If you post personal information on the internet friendly or unfriendly could find that information. To watch the movie go to friday 1/4/08

Technorati Tags:

Why wouldn't Jesus flame? He wouldn't flame because He knows that it will hurt someones feelings and He is perfect so he wouldn't hurt any one's feelings.

go here

Technorati Tags:

If I had to pick a pseudonymn I would have to choose alfalfa. I don't know why I picked that though.

I think it is good to have a pseudonymn because then people wouldn't know your name and probably couldn't find any personal information about you. That is why I think it is a good idea to have a pseudonymn.

When you pick on someone else you bring them down and you never know what they are thinking about at that moment. When you pick on someone it doesn't make you cooler it just makes people not want to be your friend or be around you.

To watch the movie click here and then go to Wednesday 12-5 and click on the movie.

Technorati Tags:

Goo

Name~Justin

Parts of a Textbook Name~chapters

Subject~World Studies Date~11/30/2007 Period A..

I. Title Page~World Studies~

A. What is the title of the book?~World Studies for Christian Schools~

B. Who is the author?!~Terri Koontz,Mark Sidwall,S.M.Bunker~

C. What are the author’s qualifications?~Degrees~

D. What is the name of the publisher?~Bob Jones University Press~

E. When was the book published?~1985~

II. Preface or Introduction (Page IX to page XVII)~

F. What were the author’s reasons for writing the book?~To teach children history of the past~

(Page V to page VII)

G. How is this book organized?~Acts and Chapters~

H. What are some of the topics this text will cover?~The Mongol Empirs~

(Page 615 to page 621)

10. Who are some of the people who will be discussed in this book?~Genghis Khan~

11. Which topics will you are most interested in studying?~The Mongols~

There are eleven consonants and six vowels in the Cherokee language.

The first licensed African American woman pilot was Bessie Coleman. if you want to find a paragraph about Bessie Coleman click here

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 31, 2007 at 02:19 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 34

Your Body Regulates its Temperature.

Listening is an important key for getting good grades and even getting a good job. For getting good grades; you will have to listen in class to know what the teacher is talking about and what the assignment is for that class. You have to listen to do a good job at work. Pretend like you are working at a grocery store and someone tells you to fill the shelves in ilse 2 with gatorade. You aren't really listening and after they tell you to do that you think that they are sying talk among yourselves and go get a gatorade from isle 2. There is a difference between listening and hearing. When you listen you are choosing to listen to what they are saying. when you hear you aren't really listening just paying attention to aomething alse and hear just parts of what they are saying.

To learn more about listening click here or go here

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 26, 2007 at 03:04 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

Jeremiah 13:23 says that you can't change your skin and you can't change the way you look. So basically you will have to just deal with the way you look and not worry about it so much.

Numbers 23:19 says "God is not a man that he shoul lie, Nor a son of man that He should repent. Has He said, and will He not do? Or has He spoken, and will not make it good? I think this means that God is perfect and doesn't have to repent because he is peerfect. It also says that whatever promise God make He will keep that promise and not forget He has made that promise. God is not man. He is all powerful, He is everywhere, He is just, and many other things.

Do you know what the change is the change that leads to eternal death? I think it is the change of gods and of religion.

Think about this. When Jesus returns to the earth all dead and alive will experience a change. What is that change? The change is that if you are Christian than you will go to Heaven with God forever and if you are not a chriatian than you will go down to the lake of fire (hell).

James 1:17 says,"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

If you want t be able to look up some of your favorite verses type in www.biblegateway.com or Click Here

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 24, 2007 at 02:26 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 34

BCA Junior High soccer team is undefeated (won all of our games). The team is 14-0 with the MDCC (Mason Dixon Chritstian Conference) tournament coming up. It would of been last Saturday but after a practice some of the other team's varsity soccer players were in a car crash. The crash was the night before when the roads were very wet and I was at a Harvest Party.

Now are study skill's class made cards for them and the whole school signed a poster and got their picture taken.

At the soccer tournament, for the games we have to wear white arm bands, but we aren't the only school teams that are doing that. I think we are going to win first place, but almost anything can happen. To learn more about soccer go to this page or this Website . You can learn more about other sports at this site

Technorati Tags:

Failure to listen well can cost you your career, your house, or the loss of life.

GO TO: This Page

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 19, 2007 at 02:21 PM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 36

I also like blogging because I can almost write what I want. I wouldn't say I am hooked on it though. I have to research a lot and take a few minutes to go over what I have just written. I always have writer's block, well not always but a lot of the time.

I like to read other blogs to see what they say about certain things like soccer which is my favorite sport. I read a blog before that had something about soccer; it said something like, I like soccer a alot, but I hate American Football.

I also like to commit even though I usually do not know what to say.

go to: This Page

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 12, 2007 at 02:23 PM GMT0 • comment (3) • Reads 33

The reason why we convers (have conversations) is because we like to tell people what has happened to us the previous day. We also talk to people because they are our friends and if we have a queation we can ask them and they might know. we are also social people and we should be able to talk to one another because that is our nature.

Go to This Page

Technorati Tags:

Article posted October 10, 2007 at 02:19 PM GMT0 • comment (2) • Reads 35

The sputnik weighed one hundred eighty-four pounds. The Sputnik was a sphere with spiky antennas, the first satellite sent into orbit around the Earth. It was launched on October 4, 1957 and that started the "space race." sputnik dominated the news coverage all around the world.

go to: Spuutnik

Technorati Tags:

Marco Polo was an Italian explorer and merchant who close to the first European explorer to go through China to visit the Kublai Khan. He left in 1271 with his father and uncle. All three of them spent twenty-four years traveling. Before they traveled his father and and uncle took a trip to China. That trip lasted from 1260-1269.

Marco Polo's dad's name is Nicolo Polo and uncle's name is Maffeo Polo.

Marco sailed from Venice to the Middle East, buy going through the Mediterranean Sea. He went through Persia, which is now Iran. He also went through the Pamir Mountains and the Gobi Desert to Beijing. they explored not only Beijing, but also Yunan and Szechuan. Then they returned to Beijing buy traveling east through Tankchow. then they traveled south to Hangchow China. they sailed along the coast of China to Veitnam and Sumatra (they were called different names then though). Then they sailed over the Black Sea and then the Mediterranean to Venice.

To read about Marco Polo go here:

Integrity is when you promise you'll do something and you do what you said you would, and not backing down. Or you could say that intregrity is when you stand by your word. integrity is not just saying you will do something just to impress your friend.

One day at school Jeff's science teacher asigned a project for him to do. In the middle of that class period, after his teacher asigned the project he told his friends that he will get most of it done that night so he didn't have to worry about it.

the next day when his friend Billy asked him if he got the project done he said,"No, I forgot I was to busy trying to beat halo3 last night." Then, he went to his first period, Math. While he was in math class he start to think about how he bragged that he would get it done that night, so he thought he should do the homework so he doesn't have to have people asking if he did that project every morning.

That night he did all of his homework except for that project because he said he didn't get how to do it. Then, he tried to ask his parents,but they didn't know how to do it eather, so he started to watch TV.

One and a half weeks later when the project was do he went into science class with none of the project done. The teacher gave him a demerit and a zero because he had alot of time to do the project. then the rest of the day his friends were teasing him because he said he would do something and ended up getting a zero and a demerit because he didn't do it.

When you read this story you learn what INTEGRITY is and to do what you say you are going to do. Another thing that you can lear is not to procrastinate and if you procrastinate that sometimes you won't finish it and get a bad grade on that paper and maybe even get a demerit.

Article posted October 1, 2007 at 02:02 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

Amendment number two states a well regulated militia being necessary to the aecurity of a free state. The right of the people to keep and bear arms. My opinion of this amendment is that we should be able to keep and bear arms because I like to hunt on the farm and I would want the gun for protection. To look at the ten amendment go here: Second Amendment Bill

1. Antarctica is a vast source of cold on our planet and the sun is a vast source of the heat on our planet. the cold ocean water oround the Antarctica goes down to mix in with the warm water in the tropics, but the humans threaten the regulating system.

2. the twenties was when the police seemed to have no power and the law about drinking was a joke because people knew that their was a nearbuy bar where youcould have liquor.

3. Of the one thousand bycicle deaths each year head injuries cause three fourths of them. Half of the deaths are of children, but if you wear a helmet it will reduce the risk.

4. Matisse is the most realistic of all modern artists. He gets the essence of the tangier afternoon.

5. The Sears Tower is the greates achievment in skyscrapers, but the egineers still are trying to build the tallest. People are wondering how high a building can go, but someone has designed a building a half a mile high.

Their are many ways you can improve your oral presentations. One way could be that you could really take wour time on writing the report. Second, after you write the report you can check over your work a few times. after that get another person to peir edit the presentation and give it back to you and make all the changes you need to. If you don't know how to spell a word like miscellaneous look in the dictionary and look it up or just ask your siblings or your parents. after you do all that you can print it and present it infront of that that it is for.

After reading this article I think that their are alot of people that are poor but, but what is sad is that alot of the people that are poor waisted their money. Also, I think that the rich should share their some of their wealth with the poor and some churches.

Article posted September 14, 2007 at 02:13 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 34

From the paragraph I read I learned that adversity can be good. Adversity is a good thing because it makes you a better person. It sometimes can bring you closer to God. Other times when you have adversity you can control your temper and have more self-control.

In that paragraph it asked if you noticed that our culture really admires heroes and I have noticed that. alot of people like sports players and some like war heroes like General Robert E. Lee is very famous. Other famous people are presidents like George Washington and Abraham Lincoln and both of them had a lot of adversity. A ton of people's heroes are famous singers too.

Since I read this article I will look at adversity differently. I am going to try to do my best at everything I do and not complain as much about what I have to do for school, at home, or for sports. Last, the person who had the most adversities was Jesus who never complained and died on the cross for our sins.

Two ways to be succesfull in chemistery is to reaserch in books about chemistery. You also could study in the workbook in school atleast thirty minutes a day. You could also make your own study guides and study when you know you have a test about chemistery.

Article posted September 9, 2007 at 01:30 AM GMT0 • comment (1) • Reads 39

My name is JH and I am 12 years old. I was born in January. My favorite sports and activities to do in my free time are to play soccer, basketball, draw, get on the computer, and talk to my friends. My favorite animals are wildcats (like lions and tigers), cats ( that are pets), dogs, etc. My favorite colors are blue, white, orange, and a bright green.

I have one cat, named Smokey. I have two brothers the oldest is Kevin, who is 16, and my other older brother is Ryan, who is 14 years old. I also have two parents. I play one instrument which is the piano. I play both basketball and soccer at my school.

Article posted September 9, 2007 at 01:16 AM GMT0 • comment • Reads 32

What makes someone a hero is that they are honest, strong, or even sometimes they are a Christian .They usually do something great in their whole lifetime and some stand up for what they believe in. One of the many heroes in America is hank Aaron. He was a famous baseball player that broke Babe Ruth's home run record which was set on April 8, 1974. Hank Aaron was born on February 5, 1934. I think Hank Aaron is a hero also because he proved people can do what they believe they can do and things they believed they couldn't. Nothing brought him down because before he broke Babe's home run record he got many death threats from different people, but he kept on working hard. That is his story and why he is considered an American Hero.

Article posted October 5, 2007 at 06:00 AM GMT0 • comment (4) • Reads 32

There are many things you can do to use your time wisely. One thing would be while you're in class and you need to ask a question instead of just raising your hand and talking to a friend you could do work while you're raising your hand.

Another way is any free time you have do your homework instead of waisting time. Last, when you're in daycare instead of playing games, making a lot of noise, and talking you do all of the homework you can do even though it might be noisy and annoying. Those are some of the ways you can use your time wisely.

Their are many long term goals you could have. One of mine is that I want to go to college after I graduate from Highschool. Another long term goal is that I might be able to get some job that has to do with computers or do somethin that has to do with soccer like being a professional soccer player or a coach.

I have many short term goals but I will just name a few. One is to get good grades this year in school. Last, I do the best i can on my homework.

go to this site: maniging time