Copyright (c) 2014 by Denton Dynamos Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
Denton Dynamos -- Blogmeister

Denton Dynamos' Discussions

Welcome to our 4th grade class! We love receiving comments. Please, if you wish to comment, leave a URL or e-mail address so we can respond back to you.

by Denton Dynamos

Mr. Dugger's Class
Mrs. Brown - Saskatchewan - Grade 6,7
Mr. Crosby - Nevada - Grade 5
Moturoa's Class - New Zealand
KinderKids - Mrs. Knee in New Hampshire
Mrs. H - Top Dogs - 5th Grade
Ms. Mercer - California - 5th Grade
Mrs. Smith - Huzzahs in Vancoover Island
Denton Dynamos Home Page
New Brunswick Language Immersion Grade 5
The Dream Extreme Grade 5 Oregon
Mrs. Smith
Mr. Gonzolez - Washington State
Mrs. Andree - Thailand
Mrs. Lubich - Colorado
Solar System For Kids

Personal Narratives

We have spent time in class learning how to write personal narratives.  We have learned to focus on a small moment, used lessons from mentor texts to improve our pieces, and worked on making them interesting for our readers.  It is now time to demonstrate all you have learned.  Choose another idea from your notebook and write a new personal narrative.  Follow the directions below:

1. Write about a seed, not the whole watermelon.PORTRAIT+OF+a+MODERN+AVATAR

2. Use at least one idea we got from a mentor text.  It could be repeating ideas for emphasis, using specific words to get us into the mood of your story, or any other lessons we learned.

3. Write a really great introduction (grabber) and be sure to conclude your story.

4. Edit carefully for spelling, punctuation, repeated words/sentences, and grammar.

This blog will be due on Friday, October 28th.  Early submissions must be in by Wednesday, October 26th if you want suggestions.  Remember to do all work in your blog Google doc before submitting it here in Class Blogmeister.

Image: 'cut watermelon squared circle

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53133240@N00/30626894

Article posted October 18, 2011 at 01:44 PM • comment (1) • Reads 47 • Return to Blog List

Hi.

read your blog, and I think it's a great way of explaining how to write about a seed idea. I get teached about that often around here in my school. nice!
Posted November 1, 2011 at 08:41 PM by • Bo Seong

Denton Dynamos 2011-2012

We are a fourth grade class on Long Island, NY, USA. We love blogging and connecting with other classes. Our teacher is Mrs. Parisi. She enjoys using technology to help us be successful in school.