Copyright (c) 2014 by MV Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
MV -- Blogmeister

5A

by MV

teacher: Mrs. B - Grade 5 (2010-2011)

Sickle Cell Anemia:The Effective disease
It is probably the slowest way to die. The most painful is when you hear the name of the disease. A disease that anybody feel. A disease that blocks up vessels. A disease that is called Sickle Cell Anemia.
Who Am I?
I’m a cardiologist. I am a doctor specialized in Sickle Cell Anemia. My job is to help treat patients in the hospital. This disease affects the blood in the circulatory system.
People that have sickle cell anemia have jaundice would affect the skin of a person and the eye to become yellowish tint. People that have this disease would have pain in the chest, stomach, legs or other parts of the body. This disease blocks the blood flow to the body.
Symptoms
The symptoms can appear in any body part, organ or tissue including aching arms, legs, hips and shoulders. When people have this disease they may get acute chest syndrome, pain, fever, cough, and hard trouble breathing. Sickle Cell Anemia can block a person’s blood flow and if you have this disease you may grow more slowly.
Did you know that if you have Sickle Cell Anemia for a long time a person can get stroke?
System
The human circulatory system consists of the blood vessels, muscles and organs that help control the blood flow of the blood and lymph around the body. It is collective composed of the cardiovascular system and the lymphatic system with the heart, arteries, capillaries and the veins of the blood being the main part. The circulatory system moves nutrients, gases, and wastes to and from cells.
It is called the circulatory system, because it involves the circulation of fluids in the body.
It is divided into three different parts
1: The Heart
2: The Blood
3: The Blood Vessels
The Heart
The heart is an amazing organ. The heart beats about 3 billion times during an average life time. Its muscles are
about the size of your fists. The heart is located in the center of your chest slightly to the left. Its job is to pump your blood and keep the blood moving throughout your body.
Blood
Red Blood Cells: are responsible for carrying oxygen and carbon dioxide, from and to the lungs. White blood cells: help the body fight of the germs. White blood cells fight and attach germs when they enter your body. Platelets: are blood cells that help stop bleeding.
Did you know that if a person has sickle cell anemia he can maybe stay with this disease for his whole life?
Vessels
The blood is an amazing substance that is constantly flowing throws our bodies. Your blood is pumped by the heart. Your blood travels through thousands of miles of blood vessels right within your own body. A young person has about of a gallon of blood.
Sickle cell Anemia blocks a person’s blood flow, by making kind of a blood cell into a blade. All of the blades get stuck together in a blood vessel and other parts. It gets stuck there and stops the flow of the blood to other body parts. These disease tureens’ your skin and the whites of your eye to become dark yellow. This is called jaundice Jaundice may give you severe pain in your chest, stomach, legs and other parts of the body.
Causes Sickle Cell anemia is a disease that you inherit from your decent. Mostly people that are of African American and Middle Eastern decent. Get this disease from any one from your family how it has. That is why it is a genetic disease; it is passed on through the gene.
Treatment
Sickle Cell Anemia can be treated. The treatment is taking a Vitamin and acid. Drinking a lot of fluids will help avoiding pain. People with this disease may need more blood and this can take place through a blood transfusion.
Conclusion
Now you know what this disease effects. You know what the cure is and you know how you get it. So basecly you
know everything. So always be sure if you have Sickle Cell Anemia.
Did you know that they first used the name Sickle Cell Anemia in 1922 by Verne Mason?