Copyright (c) 2014 by C Conditions of Use    Privacy Policy Return to Blogmeister
C -- Blogmeister

2010-2011

by C

teacher: Mr. Edwards

The Week In Review
This week we did a lot of fun activities. On Monday we started our colony unit. We watched a video on Jamestown while taking notes. Jamestown was the first permanent United States settlement. We also read some articles on Jamestown, and how it was very hard for the new settlers to survive. For example the water in the James river was dirty so the settlers didn't have water to drink that was healthy for them. Also the food was scarce so they traded with the
Native Americans for food. Sometimes the settlers and Native Americans had feasts with each other because the Native Americans were very good at catching wild animals (the have been in America for thousands of years).
On Friday Mr. Edwards started reading us a book about the settlers called A Lion to Guard Us by Clyde Robert Bulla. It is about a girl named Amanda's father go's on a boat traveling to Jamestown. The rest of her family and her will be going to Jamestown also once her mother isn't ill anymore. Right now Amanda, Her little brother and sister and her mom are living in a nearby house in England. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
I am looking forward to continue our colony unit next week.